Re: Th Sopranos kids, the birds(ducks)

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> Meadow leaves for California, like a young Janice, while her brother A.J. stays at home<hr></blockquote>

Also in this episode, along the same lines: Carmella asks what AJ has been up to when she was in France. Tony tells her that he washed out a trash can, but that was about it. Does this give us foreshadowing that AJ will someday join his father in the field of "waste management", aka the mafia?? Hey, you gotta start somewhere, so why not start off by simply cleaning out a basic trash can. Nowhere to go but up from here, while in the meantime, Meadow (aka Janice) decides to take off.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Carmella asks what AJ has been up to when she was in France. Tony tells her that he washed out a trash can, but that was about it. Does this give us foreshadowing that AJ will someday join his father in the field of "waste management", aka the mafia?? <hr></blockquote>

Along the same lines, I've been wondering if AJ's newfound concern for the environment (he's mentioned it at least twice this season) foreshadows his future involvement in 'waste management' (with AJ's 'green' talk representing his idealized/warped view of what such a world entails)

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Either way, I really think that the whole point of this scene was not for us (the viewers) to figure out if NY was behind it<hr></blockquote>

(referrring to Fat Dom's ball-breakin')

I found it interesting that Sil said sometime after Dom's initial joke, "Not sure what it means". I couldn't figure out Sil's motivation to say that unless he didn't want to show his hand.

</p>

It seems to me that Tony and Carmela are
clueless about their own kids, Meadow and
A.J. They can only project their own messed-up
life experiences onto their children, lacking
the insight and good-will that less dysfunctional
parents naturally have in anticipating/hoping for
more positive futures for their adult children.

It's as if Tony and Carmela can't stop casting
the "evil eye" on their own offspring and that's
downright nasty. They simply can't relate or
identify with Meadow or A.J., except in their
own atavistic, mindless, multi-generational
repetitiousness. This is the disgrace.
Hopefully, Meadow and A.J. will have the
nerve and the stamina to break the chains
of this Italian-American House of Atreus.

ancienthistory.about.com/...eofatreus/
a/houseofatreus.htm

ancienthistory.about.com/...eofatreus/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Atreus

But who knows if David Chase is aware of such
parallels with ancient history and mythological
proportions? So far, Season Six has merely caved-in
to superficialities, leaving the more tantalizing
and in-depth parts of the epic suspended in mid-air,
hanging by a skinny thread of gutless retreats and
spurious outcomes.

With the last 8 episodes in Jan. 2007, the ball's
in Chase's Court. We'll see if he's up for the
challenge of a brilliant resolution or not.

</p>

Not sure if anyone noticed this, and not even it's a big deal,

In the beginning when Tony, Carm, and AJ are talking in the living room, Tony says "it's still a classic?" referring to Cinerella Man. A long time ago an article was posted with a few words from this scene, and Tony was supposed to say "it still sucks?" But in the scene he's scratching his face which made it easy to do a voiceover. Just found it interesting that they changed it, probably did so because HBO is showing the movie this summer.

Just a little tidbit.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.11: Cold Stones”