Re: Mary

I loved your post. I think the loss of children (in the whole Pieta sense) is very much in Carm's mind, though Rosalie sees it only as "breaking the mood".

Soldato, I think the suffix "nucc' or nucci" can also be tacked on as an endearing ending in Italian names.....like "-ita" or "-ito" in Spanish. I had a very sweet and aged great uncle named Carmine whom my dad referred to as "Zi' Carminucci"...all this goes to emphasize the unspoken "Maria" in her name.

</p>

Re: Cold Stones

Personally, I think Sil shouldn't have directed Carlo to call "Patsy and them". The more people that know about this wacking the faster word will get out about who wacked Dom, thus the faster the war will start. Sil is making a bad decision by calling in the others to help rid the body.

Sil and Carlo alone should be the ones to dispose of the body.

The scene murder of fat Dom was a complete shocker to me. But was very satisfying to see that prick get shanked 4 times all the way to the handle each time. Carlo is old school and I was pumped to see him in action. If you re-watch that scene, you can hear Sil saying something like "Carlo, NO!!" Right before the 1st shank.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I think Sil shouldn't have directed Carlo to call "Patsy and them".<hr></blockquote>

Sil said to tell the others something about a water pip break or something...not tell them about what really happened. Carlo was to tell them an excuse to not come over.

I do wonder why he would get others involved, especially since they know someone ratted out that Vito was back in town...so someone is talking to NY

I couldn't understand or hear what he said after "Patsy".

<P ALIGN=CENTER><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/hcodea.js"> ... >[i]Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... 986>Sheila 1986</A> at: 5/24/06 10:18 am
[/i]

Yes, from my understanding, Sil directed Carlo to give some excuse for the others NOT to come around as he was going to try and keep it quiet - as if Don just disappeared. Thus his reasoning for keeping Tony out and Tony's action to know as little as possible.

Of course, this sets up another situation much like Tony B. and Joey Peeps with NY having a good idea that the Jersey guys did it, but unable to prove it. What Tony should do is deny, deny, deny. Though it will anger Phil, his only other option would be to give up Sil and/or Carlo for killing a made man without a sit down and approval. He will not do this.

IMO, Phil started the whole thing by taking it into his own hands to deal with a Jersey capo (also a made man even if gay.) If he finds that Sil and Carlo did this, he should really let it go if he wants to keep making money - eye for an eye and all that. As Tony said, they don't earn when they go to the mattresses, and the thing Phil loves the most is money. I wonder if THAT wasn't what caused him to stay awake near the end of the episode - the knowledge that his actions might cause such a war and thus kill earning potential.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>If you re-watch that scene, you can hear Sil saying something like "Carlo, NO!!" Right before the 1st shank.<hr></blockquote>

Reminded me of the scene in GF II when the cop interrupted the Rosato brothers attempted whacking of Frank Pentangeli and the bartender screams, "Carmine, No! Not here!"

</p>

<span style="color:blue;font-size:medium;">Moved from another thread:</span>

buju247

Civilian
Posted: 5/24/06 4:54 pm
Vito's brother
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with his big glasses could easily look like a younger uncle junior.

although with that dumb ass expression he could probably pass for Ercoli too!

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Fat Don did drive to the bing. When Tony gets out of his truck and heads toward the door he looks over at a blue cadilllac. The only other car in the parking lot.<hr></blockquote>

If you rewatch that scene, you are correct there was a blue cadillac, but there was also another car parked 2 or 3 spaces to the left of the blue cadillac. Maybe Carlo's car?

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.11: Cold Stones”