Re: The wine theft

<span style="color:blue;font-family:century gothic;font-size:small;">Question: Did Christopher share Corky's needle when he shot up? If so, and I have mentioned this elsewhere on this forum, isn't there a huge risk of AIDS that runs rampant on The Sopranos?</span>

</p>

Re: The wine theft

it didnt actually show chris shooting up, but because of the fact his eyes rolled back in his head a second time, his puking, and intense high suggest he did. Also he says "Those works(hypodermic needles), theres something about that spike that wets my whistle."

I don't recall aids ever being an issue on the show unless it was in reference to Tony and his goomars except when the crew was talkin about Vito and someone stereotyped that because he is gay he could have it.

Ive never shot up, but I have sniffed dope maybe 15 times or so(15x too many) and one small toot isn't enough to get someone as banged up as chris was.

</p>

Re: Wine Price

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>it didnt actually show chris shooting up ...<hr></blockquote>

Sorry to disagree, but I have a strong recollection that we did see Chris shooting up.

Apologies if I'm mistaken. But I'm pretty sure we clearly saw that.

</p>

Re: Episode Review and General Comments

<hr />I would think there are three main factors to consider when contemplating committing a crime.

First is the risk of getting caught. Second is the penalty to be paid should you get caught. Third is the reward to be gained should you get away with it. IMO, if you have a good and happy lifestyle, it only makes sense to attempt a crime if the payoff is large enough that it will substantially improve your lifestyle and if the penalty is not so large as to impose some major unhapiness upon you. Also, the odds of getting caught should be very low - compared to the value of the reward. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to commit crimes (again, IMO).

The reason AJ's attempt on Junior was so stupid was that he would almost certainly get caught and the penalty was extremely high. In most cases the penalty for attempted murder is almost as much as for murder itself.

The robbery of the wine was also a stupid crime. Considering the lifestyle of Tony and Chris, the value of the wine was fairly low considering the possible penalty for failure (not so much jail time as the taking of a bullet).

I started a thread in the "Kitchen Sink" forum inviting people to make predictions for the show and one of my predictions (although an admittedly far fetched one) is that the biker gang will be able to find Tony and will attempt to exact some payback on him or his family.

If that ever happens, the stupidity of their crime will become very clear.

I have to admit that in the heat of the moment, these things are not decided in an analytical way. Tony may well have just had a feeling that he could get away with it and that there would be no problem. I have had similar feelings in the past and done things that in hindsight were extremely stupid.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... plishak</A> at: 5/10/06 3:39 pm

Return to “Episode 6.09: The Ride”