Re: Episode Review and General Comments

ok. can't resist pointing this out and I admit maybe I'm looking too hard but ... the wine is from 1986, most likely the year AJ was born. just adding another layer of poignancy to the Chris-Tony scene in light of last week's AJ-Tony confrontation.

Also, according to wikipedia, 1986 is year Tony's dad died. (i assume they are using HBO site or 'the sopranos' book as a source)

(edited for atrocious spelling errors)

p.s. I think Carm totally knows something is rotten with the Ade story. she doesn't know exactly what, but she definitely knows that Tony's story is BS. and who does T think he's talking to with the lame excuses? how many years have they been married? she can see thru that kind of talk 100 miles away.

also, AGAIN regarding the wine, Tony mentions that on 'the other side' people consider it food. he sure did guzzle down the wine this episode. am curious to know what others think about this ...

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge.showUserPublicProfile?gid=edamaria>EdaMaria</A> at: 5/7/06 8:38 pm

I'm glad the Ade disappearance is finally being addressed, I was starting to wonder.

Looks like that scene with Tony and Chris in the basement was filmed for season five and scrapped maybe. Tony does look thinner, IMO. Great scene.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge.showUserPublicProfile?gid=halfcusumano>half Cusumano</A> at: 5/8/06 7:28 am

It was intriguing to watch a thoroughly-stoned Christopher display such tenderness to the mutt at the festa. It reminded me of Tony's unabashed affection for Pie-O-Mie. It’s much easier for a hard-bitten gangster to be vulnerably affectionate to animals than to their human relations.

Can’t you feel the chill in the autumn air? The ride is over. Even the cheap thrill of an “old school” hoist has lost its savour, just like the wine. ...

[37] And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. [38] No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. [39] And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better.' " Luke 5: 37-39

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge.showUserPublicProfile?gid=avellino>Avellino</A> at: 5/7/06 8:37 pm

Not for nothing (as the Newark boys are fond of saying), but I couldn't help chuckling a little bit when the Tea Cups ride broke. I know that a young child had a tooth or two broken, and I am not trying to make light of that, but the fact that an amusement ride broke and resulted in chipped teeth reminded me of the Simpson's episode when Homer goes on an amusement park ride called the "Tooth Chipper".

OK people, move along; nothing more to see here. Carry on with more meaningful posts.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.09: The Ride”