Trouble from the bag man?

Artie's business is jeopardized by a rival restaurant and staff scandal; Christopher and Little Carmine pursue a new venture out of town.
jayduck
Junior Associate

Trouble from the bag man?

Postby jayduck » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:30 pm

Did it seem, to anyone else, that there is something very fishy with the bag man that Chris used as a go-between for the Italians?

First, as people pointed out after last weeks episode, it was peculiar to use someone (a junkie?) that you would pay in drugs for such a task, considering how important it was, to Tony, to distance the crew from the act. That, in itself, seems like bad judgement, even for Chris. How trustworthy is a junkie to, A: get them set up with the neccessary guns, maps and instructions and B: keep his mouth shut.

But then, in last night's ep...He speaks fluent Italian and says he come over to America when he was 2. But, when the Italians ask him what villiage he was born in, he seems to get scared and just leaves without a word.

I have no idea who he could be, but I get the feeling there could be some more story coming from that guy.

</p>

CaliberCutChops
Senior Associate

Re: Trouble from the bag man?

Postby CaliberCutChops » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:00 pm

I say his story is that he is Paulie's father, but that's just me.

</p>

DarngoodCoffee
Soldier

Postby DarngoodCoffee » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:00 pm

I don't think he got scared, I just don't think he wanted the contract killers to know more about him than absolutely necessary. He seemed to get the job done pretty competently, despite the heroin payoff.

</p>

Jason the Magnificent
Junior Associate

Postby Jason the Magnificent » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:58 pm

While this series has gotten some wierd storylines from strange things it terrifies me to think if some of you were the writers. The guy didnt want to acknowledge their question because it lessens his anonimity...its really not that complex...he just set up a Captain of a NY family...hes going to devulge family information to people involved?

...and as far as Chris picking him...its pretty cut and dry, the guy has a habit, he'll do what Chris asks and was obviously capable of it or he wouldnt have been asked in the first place...oh and if someone thinks the guy may lead a trail back to them? Whos going to care about a dead junky.

</p>

Mr Gebowitz
Junior Associate

Postby Mr Gebowitz » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:06 pm

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I say his story is that he is Paulie's father, but that's just me.<hr></blockquote>

uh...please tell me you're joking. this man is clearly younger than paulie.

</p>

skaliz
Junior Associate

Postby skaliz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:04 am

jayduck: I agree! I was gonna post about this too!

And his name is Corky Caporale I think. Really a likeable character, I dont think we´ve seen the last of him. Cant figure out what could happen though..

</p>

ChristophersRelapse
Soldier

Postby ChristophersRelapse » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:11 am

Despite being a junkie he seems like one of the more competent characters we've run into on this show... I hope to see more of his character.

</p>

Sopraniac
Civilian

Postby Sopraniac » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:59 am

He seems more competent than 3/4's of Tony's crew.

I think he showed some pretty shrewd judgment not sharing much personal info with these two. Being from the wrong town in Italy might have been enough for these two to ice him...

</p>

ObservingEgo
Soldier

Postby ObservingEgo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:43 am

I liked him; he was deliciously odd, less reactive and more deliberate than the usual gang of idiots. And, as noted upthread, he was "competent."

As for being paid in H: This is the coin of the realm for some.

</p>

billymac
Underboss

Postby billymac » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:14 am

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>As for being paid in H: This is the coin of the realm for some.<hr></blockquote>

Right. Also, just because he got paid for connecting the hitmen to an address and supplying them with guns, it doesn't mean he's a user (although he had the look of a potential user); it may be that he steps on the stuff a couple of more times and turns the dust into cash for himself.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.07: Luxury Lounge”