Angie, and her involvement

"Now its like, she's one of them." Ro in reference to Angie.

This new development by Angie B. seemed like a bit of a surprise, but then again that is where her personal development lately seemed like it was always headed towards.

Her meeting w/ Benny and Patsie was outstanding. She seemed just like one of the fellas. Out of all the wiseguys, these two were a great pick b/c they're just as solid in the crew as any. No cracks in their solidarity to the "family". Patsie has come a long way since the early seasons. Tony has done an amazing job in converting him to his mentality. The fact that he was there w/ Angie makes Angie herself look that much stronger.

Angie's perception via Carmela made it that much more interesting. Carm has seen her go a long way as a fellow "wife". Don't forget, Carmela saw her hit rock bottom at the grocery, when she was soliciting samples of meat. Now, of course, the roles have become reversed, especially considering Carm's spec disaster. She needs Tony's influence more than ever. But Angie made it by herself. Not only that, but she has decided to become connected. She's got Carmela on BOTH fronts.

What are your thoughts on this and what it all means???

</p>

Re: Angie, and her involvement

Don't quite know what it all means yet, other than to say this is a most interesting interlude in the exploration of Carmela's character. On the one hand, there were signs of possilbe value shifts in Carm, even before the shooting. And her scene with Melfi showed that the conflict within her over Tony's (and her) way of life is far from over. She seems to crave individual productivity and financial achievement, and seeing that her peer, who once looked the other way too and now willingly partakes in criminality and is making money doing it, is going to give her pause.

Don't forget, though, that what came through most about Angie in that scene was her short demeanor, frazzled nerves, lack of time, and general tone of sounding heavily stressed. She may have bought the Corvette, but she's paying for it with more than money.

</p>

angie, like so many people, enjoys that kind of action though.shes hooked to that kind of action and enjoys it.and carmella feels definately excluded, standing outside.
the 'spec' house...is that on her ground and is it all hers?she could sell that for half a million or something i guess?if she would be reflecting a little bit more she would have decided long ago to save some money here and there and put it into a bank overseas or in a stash somewhere, could have put surely put a nice stash together.

</p>

Could it mean that as Tony tries to pull himself away from the dark side of his life and find redemption, Carmela will be at odds with him, pulling him back in? Does this precede what is generally being perceived as the finale involving tragedy surrounding Meadow? It seems like maybe both families will start to tear themselves apart, and Tony will be locked in a struggle for his life.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Don't forget, though, that what came through most about Angie in that scene was her short demeanor, frazzled nerves, lack of time, and general tone of sounding heavily stressed. She may have bought the Corvette, but she's paying for it with more than money. <hr></blockquote>

Yep. Remember back in Season 5 when Phil brought his car to her auto body shop and how he was fleecing her for a new seat in his car and was complaining every step of the way that the job wasn't done properly.

She was really stressed over that since Phil was being a hard ass over the whole thing (since Tony was the one who made him crash his car up in the first place) and these extra parts and repairs were ultimately coming out of her pocket. And we know that Tony didn't reimburse her for a dime of the repairs like he was supposed to.

It's stressful being a business owner in bed with mobsters.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... las1119</A> at: 4/16/06 9:26 pm

FOMW said:

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Don't forget, though, that what came through most about Angie in that scene was her short demeanor, frazzled nerves, lack of time, and general tone of sounding heavily stressed. She may have bought the Corvette, but she's paying for it with more than money.<hr></blockquote>

I think that's a very solid observation, but I saw it a little differently. I think that Carm definitely watched jealously as Angie responded to the business needs, and it wasn't Angie's frazzlement that stayed with me, it was Carm's longing looks.

Yes, Angie appeared busy, but she's also running a company herself. She didn't have time to sit around gabbing at lunch about an auction that wasn't being run as efficiently as she thought it could. Overall, Angie exhibited PURPOSE, DRIVE, and COMPETENCY as she talked about her business, and then had to straighten out some employee about the repairs. I think Carm would have given anything to switch places with Angie at that lunch, and to have a real purpose in life.

You are absolutely right that Angie may be frazzled and stressed, but it seemed to me that she was THRIVING on it. And more importantly, that Carm wanted that same thing. At least, that's my take after 1 viewing.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.06: Live Free or Die”