Re: Episode Review and General Comments

jtkbigk77 wrote:Who does Tony refer to when talking to Carlo about the Vito situation when he says, "We all know Vito's not the first." I'm wondering if there is something subtle in previous seasons that I missed or if it's just informing us of a past homosexual both Tony and Carlo had experience with.
Hello, and welcome to the forum.:smile:

I took the comment as Tony's acknowledgment to Carlo of the same thing he and Melfi spoke about in the therapy session, namely the unspoken truth that, with a significant number of mob guys doing significant time in prison, many of those guys have engaged in homosexual activity.

There was a famous and fairly recent real-life case of a closeted bisexual/homosexual in the NJ DeCavalcante family, however, and that family is thought to be one of those serving as a general model for the series in terms of structure, size, types of criminal activity, etc. The guy in question went to gay bars with a "girlfriend" who fronted for him to line up homosexual or 3-way liasons.

When this came out to the DeCavalcante folks, they had him murdered, IIRC. So the Vito thing could well have been loosely based on that incident, and/or Tony's revelation could have been an allusion to it or to another incident like it.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: Episode Review and General Comments

This episode takes all the pre conceived notions that the majority of us (the viewers have) all the way to the very last scene where Chase and Cos statement is made so crystal loud and clear. Vito is a natural, he was born that way.
You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.

Return to “Episode 6.06: Live Free or Die”