Re: Duck Soup

GiuseppeS, about 10secs into the opener the birds did cross my mind. Then the bear. Then Patsy Parisi springing from the bushes soaked in alcohol, deference abandoned and howling 'Happy Birthday mister president' as bullets from the gun he's trying to utilise stray circumstantially into the path of the aforementioned bear, who, right at that moment, was planning to retire Tony for completely different reasons.

I don't think Tony has encountered another duck since the dead one Carmela stored in the kitchen after her dates with Wegler. Talk about symbolism!

</p>

Re: Episode Review and General Comments

Someone had mentioned Little Red Riding Hood, i.e., Vito in his rain poncho. I noticed in the credits that the B&B keeper was named 'Betty Wolf.' Hee. Also, it was interesting (to me) that when Vito first comes to the B&B he's, understandably, a bit antagonistic. Yet with every abrasive, slightly confrontational remark, the innkeeper is pleasant and basically nonchalant, just letting everything slide off her back. Maybe that's just meant to show how laid-back and accepting New Hampshire people are.

I liked this ep much more when I watched a second time. (I admit that the first viewing left me feeling a little ambiguous.)

In the first scene we see Tony trying to read a magazine when the a/c starts making a racket. Tony tries to deal with it in a quick, superficial manner. Of course that doesn't take care of it -- foreshadowing the problem he'll encounter in the rest of the ep as he learns he needs to deal with the Vito problem.

I noticed that this scene was basically repeated when he and Sil are sitting in the office at the Bada Bing after the meeting with Carlo. Tony opens up his mag, with Sil sitting silently in the background, and after several seconds of quiet Tony says, "What," obviously attuned to the disapproving silence coming from Sil. Then after Sil offers his learned advice, Tony says, "Let me read in peace, will ya?" Just like the a/c.

</p>

Didn't see it mentioned but I will delete this if it was.

Christopher's AA sponsor seems to be setting himself up as one of the gang when he is racing to beat Chris to the Bing to spread the news about Vito. I have a stong feeling that Chris will be without a sponsor before long given the way Tony responded to his comments by telling him he could go and Paulie stepped between him and the rest of the group.

Also when Chris was lifting the weights then Tony came in and questioned him about the arabs, Chris looked very much like he used to look when he was on drugs.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I noticed that this scene was basically repeated when he and Sil are sitting in the office at the Bada Bing after the meeting with Carlo. Tony opens up his mag, with Sil sitting silently in the background, and after several seconds of quiet Tony says, "What," obviously attuned to the disapproving silence coming from Sil. Then after Sil offers his learned advice, Tony says, "Let me read in peace, will ya?" Just like the a/c.<hr></blockquote>

I took that as the daily annoyances that Tony is getting bothered by more and more. Cellphones, Carmella's spec house, Vito a fag, "Everyday is a gift", yeah right.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.06: Live Free or Die”