Re: That Dastardly Jimmy Brown ...

All I ever thought about when I heard it was "I'm glad I was born in the city and not out in the country, because if that kind of song described me or people I knew, I might just cut my own throat." I thought it sucked then, and here, 45 years later, it still sucks real bad. I know that doesn't add much to the philosophical/metaphorical discussion of the use of that song, but the song still blows bears... bcorsale wrote this...

...and he and i are in total agreement regarding this little ditty... i'm sure that mr. chase's musical tastes couldnt possibly be that far off, so there's something else about this song that has made him use it more than once.. perhaps it's some sort of sense memory or touchstone.. or the lyrics are telling us something that hasnt yet been revealed... or maybe he knows someone who will get residuals from the publishing.. your guess is as good (or better ) than mine

</p>

Anyone else think that after that GF exchange, Chris is already thinking about what request to make of Tony at Meadow’s wedding? He’s probably hoping she sets a date real soon.

Some random thoughts on things already discussed above --

Melfi gave Tony business advice this episode. He followed it. Carmela gave him business advice last episode about watching out for Vito, which he’ll probably follow. Both pieces of advice were good. Both women used to think what Tony did was wrong even though they accepted it and were somehow drawn to it. Now after they almost lose him, it’s kind of like they are happy to have not only him back, but his lifestyle as well. They are embracing it without the reservations they used to have and are even doing things to keep it going. Realistically, neither of them could have what they have with Tony if he is any other way. And they like what they have. Or missed it while he was out.

I wonder how this will change after he’s been back awhile or if they are faced with feelings of responsibility about something that happens.

FOMW, thank you for the insight on Carmela and the dream. I hadn’t thought anything like that either, very interesting.( I think I should re-watch season 1.) Not really related, but it reminded me of Carmela saying in this episode -- You’re first day back at work, I feel like a mommy. And right now she’s giving him the unconditional love he’s wanted.

</p>

Re: Episode Review and General Comments

Can I just please comment on Edie Falco? Philly would want to whack me, but this woman brings tears to my eyes. And it's not for her character's dilemmas. She has to be one of our best actors working today. This episode wasn't even a Carmella showcase like some of the recent ones, but she transfixes me whenever she's on the screen. Just watch the range of emotions she puts into her facial expressions when Tony asks her to dance at the reception. You can see the whole history of her life with Tony in that few seconds before she responds. Edie Falco is gold. Testosterone drives the show but, I swear, it would only be half as good without Edie.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>The only question in my mind is - what could the damage be? He's possibly the highest ranking figure in OC in the whole country. A boss of bosses in NY. So there's no incentive the feds can give him for ratting - they prolly won't offer him witness protection, since he's the main guy they want. Unless they're willing to let him walk in exchange for taking out all the other major bosses. Woah actually that's prolly worth it for the feds - imagine - getting 5-6 other Don's in exchange for one.<hr></blockquote>

See joe Massino, former Bonnano family boss. He recorded an underling planning a hit on a prosecuter so his wife could keep her house and he would avoid the death penalty if Im not mistaken

</p>

Vito's Club Scene and End of Episode

I was curious if anyone knew the song that was playing in the club when the collection goons saw Vito and the song at the end of the episode. I don't know if anyone knows if it was a song or original score, but if you know the song that way playing at the Bing when the Arabs came to speak to Chris.

I am putting together a soundtrack of Soprano's music from Season 6 to play at the "Last Episode" night where I will have people over to play "Guess The Scene When This Song Played" trivia. Thanks in advance!

</p>

Re: Episode Review and General Comments

Good Carm discussion going...

Just wanted to add something. A lot of people are saying that Carm seems to be getting more involved and that maybe she will segue into "family" business. While I see that she is more involved, I doubt she will get do so to a further extent. The writers might be doing this to fix Tony and Carm's relationship.

Over the 6 seasons, when has their relationship been the least tumultuous? IMO, season 1. Don't get me wrong, they had serious, deeprooted issues, but day to day, they got along better then any other season. Why? B/c Tony involved her in his life... Few examples off the top of my head: When news of upcoming indictments hit, Carm helps Tony clean up, they talk about it, she knows about it; I remember, don't know when from, Tony saying to her 'The ones I gotta worry about now are the ones that got pinched today. If they flip.'; can't think of others right now, but there's other, more subtle ones...
Carm said once she tought the whores were like a form of masturbation for Tony, so they're not really a major problem.
Thoughts?

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.05: Mr. and Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request”