Re: Paulie's father

I think on your Ma's side, but that guy is Italian.

On the home front, Carmela throws a 75th birthday barbecue for her father, Hugh. (The shindig is intended to be a surprise until Junior tips off the birthday boy: "At our age it's enough surprise we're still alive every morning.") Tony is not initially invited to the party, but when Hugh insists that he be there, Carmela relents. So Tony shows up, to the deep dismay of Carmela's mother. She's mortified to have her mobster son-in-law grilling "sazeech" near her "cultured Italian" friends, Dr. Russ and Lena Fegoli. Russ Fegoli, who has a Ph.D. in international affairs, is a retired "assistant to the Ambassador to the Vatican."

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... ogambia</A> at: 4/3/06 7:22 pm

If Russ Fegoli were Paulie’s real father that would indeed be a sweet karmic “bitch slap” to Mrs. DeAngelis’and her imperial smugness. But I fear it is not the case.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp In her “deathbed confession” to Paulie about the truth, Dottie states that while a novitiate working at the USO during the war there was this “soldier” Russ, and he was so lonely. Russ Fegoli was not a “soldier”; he was a “sailor” as confirmed by Hugh DeAngelis’ story “When we were kids in the Navy, he had such a bad case of crabs, we used to call him the governor of Maryland.”

</p>

If "Russ" was German-American, Irish-American, or even Greek...then would Paulie ever be eligible to get made in the first place??? I thought you had to be full-Italian so they could trace your roots back to the old country (Italy). I'm not sure how many ethic groups generally used the name "Russell" during that timeframe. Maybe Paulie shouldn't have told T his story... if Phil found out, wouldn' t he use it against the NJ crew??? Neither NY or NJ has any members that are anything but 100% Italian.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Why wouldn't he be a soldier? I'm no expert on the military, but I have an uncle in the Navy who fought on D-Day. <hr></blockquote>

Army personnel are referred to as "soldiers"; Navy personnel are referred to as "sailors"

</p>

as a nun or novitiate you might call anybody in an uniform a soldier though, they all look alike to you, especially at the USO where all kinds of 'soldiers' hang out i guess.
And the sentence about that guy...“When we were kids in the Navy, he had such a bad case of crabs, we used to call him the governor of Maryland.” kind of says a lot and was probably already scripted as a long shot in season 5 or whenever it was.

</p>

Kick Paulie out? I don't think so. Too valuable.

Kill Paulie for this sole reason? No way. A technicality everybody (if they found out) would EASILY look pass and forget.

Lol, I honestly don't see how any of this revelation is going to give ANYBODY the balls in challenging Paulie's rightful place in the Soprano mob family.

Tony nor Paulie ever gave any clue or indication of the slightest that this was viewed as a mob problem rather than just a personal problem for Paulie.Tony even chuckled at the revelation. Tony sees it more as a "so what?" type of situation and is only giving advice because he's the boss.

Are we to believe that Tony (as of right now) would exploit a loyal captain's "darkest" secret? I don't think so. There are plenty of other reasons why Tony should/could kill Paulie.

Afterall, A mob boss is in therapy and apparently in the "Soprano" world - that's A-OK for everyone.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.04: The Fleshy Part of the Thigh”