Re: Paulie's father

I don't know if there are specific rules for both mother and father being full blooded Italian. Aren't those just Henry Hill's words?

The mother movie of them all, The Godfather, had Michael marry and have children with Kay, an American. Michael fully intended for his son to be next (remember he also flipped out when Kay had an abortion, he wanted to know if it was a son). Major flaw by Puzo?

</p>

To be a made guy, both parents have to be Italian. Puzo went in his own direction with everything, as great of a story as it was/is, its a romanticized fiction. Michael could very well have passed the torch to his son...he could do whatever he wanted, he was killing everyone off to benefit himself. Who would be there to contest him even if he started "making" Pacific Islanders?

At this point I don;t think anyone would even care about Paulie...maybe his father wasn't Italian...maybe he was. Theres no way on Earth of proving it either way. They going to track down the GI? I don't think so.

</p>

How can you even contemplate the "possibility" of Russ Fagoli being Paulies father?!? There are what millions of guys called Russ in the world and ther was no connection whatsoever between Carmellas fathers friend and Paulies aunt/ma, so how incredible and stupid would it be if that guy turned out to be Paulies father. The Sopranos is way to intelligent as a show to do something like that.

</p>

"There are what millions of guys called Russ in the world"

Probably several hundred guys who served in the US military in WWII were named Russ. It was a fairly common name 50 years ago, but it's not exactly like John or Joe or Bill. Some of the guys with that name would have likely gone by Russell instead of Russ.

It seemed a little strange that they specifically said the name Russ, a couple of different times. And that they specifically made a big deal about Russ Fegoli being a skirt chaser when he was on the show.

The odds are against this guy being Paulie's father, but I haven't seen anything yet to rule it out.

</p>

"Even better ... Russ Fegoli is NOT Paulie's father, but Paulie thinks he is! LOL! "
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, that would explain why they made sure to mention the name Russ a couple times-- if Paulie ever meets this guy Russ, or even hears someone mention him being a WWII vet, he would definitely assume that it's his father.

Tony (and everyone else at the party) has met this Russ guy and knows he was in WWII, if anyone happens to mention it to Paulie, that would set him off for sure into a crazed search for his "real" father. And that wouldn't be good news for Russ.

I could see that happening, it's more likely than Russ actually being his father.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... yeagle>The Gray Eagle</A> at: 4/4/06 1:50 pm

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Even better ... Russ Fegoli is NOT Paulie's father, but Paulie thinks he is! LOL! <hr></blockquote>

But Paulie was not at that pool party in the "Marco Polo" ep, so the only way he would even be aware of the existence Russ Fegoli is if someone else told him about him. The only wiseguy who had enough dialogue with Russ at that party was Tony. And why would Tony bring him up to Paulie? The only answer I can offer is that Tony feels insulted by Fegoli's comment that Beretta saves their best guns (recall, Tony gave Hugh DeAngelis a Beretta as a birthday present) for the Italian market. But that's a stretch, IMO.

It could happen, I suppose, but I don't see it fitting in to the story arc of this season. It's just as likely that they introduce a new character named Russ who Paulie suspects of being his father. The series has a way of bringing in "one-off" characters who have back stories with member of the main cast (Aunt Dottie, for example).

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.04: The Fleshy Part of the Thigh”