Re: Paulie's father

merged from another thread

HagensBing1977

Civilian
Posted: 4/4/06 10:28 pm
info on Mrs. Gualtieri's husband???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry if this has been brought up before but- who was Mrs. Gualtieri's husband (Paulie's believed-to-be-father)??? When did he die and who was he?? Did he get Paulie into the business??? Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jayneezy

Associate
Posted: 4/4/06 10:33 pm
Re: info on Mrs. Gualtieri's husband???
they didnt get into that...i don't believe they did at all...

HagensBing1977

Civilian
Posted: 4/4/06 10:35 pm
has the show ever made reference to him? then what is known?

jayneezy

Associate
Posted: 4/4/06 10:40 pm
i don't think the show did.....all i remember is him saying his mother bailed him out alot....

HagensBing1977

Civilian
Posted: 4/4/06 10:54 pm
because Paulie is such a deep character that we've known since Season 1, it seems that knowing more about his relationship w/ his father would shed some light on things. we know about Chris's mother and father. does Paulie's own behaviors, or his military background, come as a result of Mrs. Gualtieri's husband's influence on his early life????

patriquem

Civilian
Posted: 4/4/06 10:54 pm
I hate to inject too much "real world" into a fictional show, but for Paulie to have enlisted in the service, he would have had to produce a birth certificate. For him not to know that Nucci was not his birth mother, his Aunt Dottie (the nun) would have had to arrange something with her doctor prior to Paulie's birth; but it's hard to fake a birth certificate.

Jason the Magnificent

Civilian
Posted: 4/5/06 4:49 am
You're also speaking about the same military that let people in early who faked their age...you really think they cared that much? This wasn't in the information age like now. Any half arsed faked document probably sufficed back then.

Soda drink

Civilian
Posted: 4/5/06 4:57 am
excellent point. My 90 yr old ousin was in enlisted and in the 70's had the exact same revelation that his mom was not really his mom...

but he's not a psycho like paulie lol.

Ant95

Civilian
Posted: 4/5/06 7:40 am
Paulie's father was brought up a few times, most recently in season 4 when he sees carmine at a wedding and he says to Paulie "didn't ure father get run over by a trolley?"

HagensBing1977

Civilian
Posted: 4/5/06 11:54 am

Quote:
"didn't ure father get run over by a trolley?"

That was a hilarious line. Carmine didn't know who Paulie was though at that wedding, so I'm not sure if he'd know his father.

Ant95

Civilian
Posted: 4/5/06 6:59 pm
its been mentioned at other times by others as well as in that coffee table hard cover sopranos book

haironmelfistwat

Civilian
Posted: 4/6/06 1:54 am
It wasn't too hard to "doctor" a birth certificate in the 1940s. Maybe Paulie's real name is Paulie Gaultierizozyckiowitz...

skaliz

Civilian
Posted: 4/6/06 11:04 am

Quote:
"didn't ure father get run over by a trolley?"

I think Carmine was beeing sarcastic.

But thats the closest thing anyone ever got to talk about Paulies father I think.

Edited by: skaliz at: 4/6/06 11:05 am

Ant95

Civilian
Posted: 4/6/06 3:49 pm
no his father really did get hit by a trolley

</p>

Merged from another thread

blenni0951

Civilian
Posted: 4/3/06 2:51 pm
Paulie's Luke Skywalher Moment
Brian’s Rating: 5.0/5.0

The vacillation between comedy and tragedy performed like a well tuned V8.

Paulie has a Luke Skywalker moment. Note that his biological mother, the nun, looked like Darth Vader after Luke removes the helmet in “Return of the Jedi”.

And what was that song during the credits??? :-)

MrTaste

Civilian
Posted: 4/3/06 3:52 pm
Re: Paulie's Luke Skywalher Moment
i dont know about the song blenn... but i must admit.. 'luke, I am your father' was just what i heard in my head when paulie got that news..

MrTaste

Civilian
Posted: 4/3/06 3:57 pm
and... good point... the fine line between comedy and tragedy was never more effectively walked than in this episode.. at the same time I was laughing at paulie, my heart was breaking for him... not a question really of sympathy, because he certainly behaved like a first class swine, but then again, he's not a particularly highly evolved individual so his reaction is at least understandable.. and his pain is no less real just because he's an asshole. Does he deserve it? That's another thread.

blenni0951

Civilian
Posted: 4/3/06 5:31 pm
I was kidding ... it's Pink Floyd's "One of These Days" from "Meddle". The only lyric is "One of these days I am going to cut you into little pieces".

</p>

Russ Fegoli is the only on board character that could fit as Paulie's father. Anyone else would be too young. Plus he is too good and devoted to a cause just as Paulie's real mother is too good and devoted to being a nun. So much devotion that the kid is left behind and he turns out evil. Maybe he needs to be redemption as does Tony for being in a life he never chose for himself.

</p>

The idea of this guy Russ being Paulie's father is totally ridiculous. Some of you guys or gals must watch too much General Hospital or Days of Our Lives since what happens on those shows....really are truly unbelievable.

Remember here folks, David Chase is writing a "realistic" series where people don't come back from the dead or unbelieveable things happen. Big pussy is never coming back, Ralphie isn't coming back, Adriana will forever be dead.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.04: The Fleshy Part of the Thigh”