Paulie

has he lost it? i wonder if the thing with his mother will turn him even colder than he was before. and what was with the whole barron thing at the end, that just didnt make any sense to me. im wondering if paulie will start not taking orders so well, the only thing it seemed he lived for was his mother. so maybe he will become crazy and do something stupid.

</p>

Re: Paulie

ginny... i don't think paulie ever had it to lose.. he's always been on the edge, and though it seems like he stepped over the line this week, let's not forget that in the past, he murdered a little old lady and stole her life savings. as i wrote in another thread, i think paulie is being shown to be the worst side of tony, as though they were really one individual...He has always been crazy and as for stupid, shall we revisit the pine barrens?

</p>

The real life 'Grandpa', Al Lewis, was Jewish.
To me Paulie shows the worst and most ruthless side of the traditional Mafia. He is a psychopath with serious mental health problems, yet able to function somewhat in normal society. There is no doubt he felt betryed by both his real mother and the aunt and he cannot trust anyone. His beating of the Barone kid shows how he has to take care of himself as no one else will, even Tony and other fellow mobsters.

</p>

Yea I have to say, it was pretty heart-breaking to hear him talk that way to his Ma, especially cuz their relationship has been so sweet all this time.
But he got over it in the end... Their relationship won't be the same, but he hasn't abandoned her. I'm pretty sure you guys have the end part wrong - He's not taking care of himself, he's taking care of his Ma. The way I see it, Paulie saw how loved the Barone kid was and figured 'hey, he's got a REAL ma that loves him so much, he can handle a little suffering in his life' so he's getting the kid to pay for his Ma. Remember, he says '4 grand a month, every month' - that's Green Grove's fee.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.04: The Fleshy Part of the Thigh”