Re: Janices' cold reception to Tony

this reaction was something that definitely caught me off guard and questioning what the hell was going on? perhaps jan.. like some others whose names i dont need to mention, would have been happier had tony rolled out of that hospital in a body bag rather than a wheelchair. his espousing of her supposed philosophy is probably incredibly frustrating and annoying to her, since she really doesn't believe those things herself, at least, in my opinion. it irks her to think that what she meant as meaningless platitudes to her brother, might actually be giving him solace and inspiration. ya think?

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Is it just me, or at some point didn't Janice tell Tony that "every day from this point on is a gift?"<hr></blockquote>

DGC....you are probably right, but I can't remember in which episode or under what circumstances.

However, I do remember that one of Tony's favorite W.C. Fields' movies is entitled "It's A Gift". In fact in a past episode or 2 we have seen Tony watching that movie on television.

How's that for continuity of themes between seasons by Chase and company?

</p>

hey. i never thought i'd defend janice, but have we all forgotten 'cold cuts?' tony hasn't exactly been supportive of Janice's attempts to change ..... true, they weren't all sincere (maybe none of them?) but still

there's a natural desire to root for Tony - but the truth is, IMHO, Janice and Tony have a lot in common (not the least of which is a big dose of Livia) and if Janice were male, who knows? maybe Tony would be playing Junior to her Johnny Boy

sorry to get so freudian here but in a way i saw tony's comment to janice as a symbolic way of seeking his mother's approval/love as he was flooded with a 'second lease on life' feeling and stirrings of some kind of spiritual awakening ... but, in true 'Livia' fashion, Janice basically ignores him .... change is threatening

</p>

I saw that and just thought, god, what a b1tch! I mean lets not even try to compare - when Janice got beat up by the Russians because she stole that prosthetic leg, she had what, a sprained wrist, at worst? And her preaching and carrying on to Tony in the hospital room afterward didnt seem sincere, just more attention seeking drivel.

Tony very nearly died, and was lucky to be alive, so it wasnt surprising that he had that outlook (how long it lasts is another story i am guessing). For Janice to just brush it off like that really annoyed me. She's for so long tried to portray this deeper inner self or whatever, but once again when its someone else, she just isnt interested.

The more i see her, the more i see Livia in her, such a bitter, terminally unhappy person. I feel very sorry for Bobbys kids this season.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.04: The Fleshy Part of the Thigh”