Johnny Sack

Im not sure what to make of him anymore. i thought that his move against barone was extreme, that job is tony's w-2 as he said and Johnny is trying to take that. another thing, why is he complaining about money. he has never had an issue before (except the strike at the work site) but he is the boss of a family and he acts like all the money in NYC just dried up. Phil seems to be doing just fine, new car etc. but what doesnt make any sense to me is why tony would allow Johnny to take over that company, not only is it a w-2 buts its sanitation in Jersey, i know that NYC and NJ some times share but it seems that a guy who isent going to stick his beak in, just did. in past season when Sack wanted a piece of Tonys HUD scame Tony fought that pretty hard, to the point were they alomst went to war about it, and he is letting Johnny take away tony's job? maybe tony is gettign really soft.

</p>

Re: Johnny Sack

I think what changed (re: sticking his beak in) is that he's now the boss. In short, he can do whatever the bleep he wants. Previously Tony would have been able to appeal to Carmine if Johnny became problematic. No more.

And I too don't understand why Johnny is having cash issues. They still kicked up to Tony even though he was in a coma. Why wouldn't the Lupertazzi crews not still be kicking up to Johnny?

</p>

A simple thought about this is that Johnny now needs MORE money than he currently gets from his current sources. He now has a major RICO trial to defend as well as the civil asset siezure proceedings, all of which require attorneys and they cost alot of money. The costs of the legal proceedings may require John to create new income sources.

Additionally, I don't think Johnny actively went looking to "poach" Barone Sanitation. It was Jason Barone who decided to sell the company; he could not run it effectively from Deer Valley and he was looking for a way to get cash to his mother in her time of need. Johnny Sac, through his "front" just took advantage of an opportunity that presented itself when Jason put the company on the market. Tony S. would have done the same thing had the tables been reversed.

</p>

Who is Johnny getting all of his information from?

Phil.

Think about it. Phil can use Johnny and get a bigger piece of the pie while he is in the can.

Phil had that shit eating grin while talking to Tony in the hospital. Don't forget what happened with his brother dying and the incident with Tony and the car wreck.

I also find it a bit curious that Vito is constantly disappearing a lot and on the phone a lot.
Who is he talking to? Something is not right.

</p>

They probably would of taken a meeting under normal circumstances but the boss of the ny family is locked up awaiting a RICO trial and the boss of nj was in a coma and now gettin himself back together.....

Phil did looked surprised when Tony took the offer......probably because they had been goin back and forth for the entire episode.....

It is no doubt that all of NJ business is being talked about to Phil by Vito.....they got a pipeline going right now sharing info....although we don't know how far the plot goes because it seems like Vito doin all the talkin to Phil.....

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... ayneezy</A> at: 4/3/06 12:02 pm

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Don't you think mob protocol would have demanded the Sopranos and the Lupertazzis "take a meetin' " over the Barone Business before the deal was finalized? <hr></blockquote>

You're probably right about this since Tony seemd pretty pissed off about not even getting a "courtesy call" about the situation. But as Phil reminded him, he was in a coma when the sale was pending.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>does anyone else feel like phil was genuinly surprised that tony took the offer at the end?

its like he expected an argument or some haggling and then tony just caved.<hr></blockquote>

Yes, I completely agree. Phil looked like he was waiting for Tony to reject the offer. I think this was intended as a hint that NY will see Tony as weak.

</p>

Johnny was always greedy he just did things in a way not to offend anybody but I think with his RICO trial upcoming and Phil on the street the NY/NJ relationship on take a turn for the worse because Johnny's not beating this and Phil's still angry about his brother.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.04: The Fleshy Part of the Thigh”