Re: bobby's rank

I thought it was very symbolic that the only way Tony's wiseguy friends were able to see Tony in his hospital room was through his actual family. It also comes back to Tony's time w/ AJ in "Members Only" when he mentioned that his real family was the only people that he could depend on.

</p>

The look Carm catches on Paulie and Vito's faces.

I don't think AJ really loves him. I think AJ loves Tony the way a cat loves its owner---someone to feed him, buy him stuff, and play with him once in a while. So that degree of love, okay.

Meadow--absolutely, what a soldier. I can't look at her as only a spoiled little girl anymore....she stepped up. Carmela, what can I say....the way Edie Falco played the last couple of ep's.....Amazing.

I do truly, truly truly think that Sil loves Tony. That hand gesture was amazing.

Paulie, Chrissie, Bobby, Vito...all opportunistic pieces of crap.
Johnny Sack would've had more sympathy for Tony.

Sil rules.

</p>

Re: It's Clear that Only Carm, Meadow and AJ Love Tony...

I think Paulie is so mentally off [perhaps he has 1960s Sirico's "character disorder"] that he's incapable of showing anyone short of his mother that he loves them. I think this is as loyal as he's able to get, which is a reason why he's so dangerous. He lets his emotions dictate his actions, as opposed to someone like Silvio, who seems more rational.

I think Christopher loves Tony - I also think that Christopher is selfish as hell. He may bitch about Tony every now and then and he may be a pain in the ass at other times, but I think that it is his love for Tony that reels him in from doing anything drastic to him. Now, whether this will change now due to [1] Tony showing weakness; and [2] Ade being in the back of Christopher's mind [as in, "I gave you someone I loved and now you owe me"], is still an open question.

I would have really loved to see Johnny Sack's reaction to all of this[/b]

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... imoni>John Sacrimoni</A>
at: 3/27/06 12:26 pm

Re: Re: It's Clear that Only Carm, Meadow and AJ Love Tony.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Christopher, who I thought sincerely loved T, doesn't. It's clear.<hr></blockquote>

I can't say whether I agree or disagree. The jury is still out for me, not enough evidence either way. I was dismayed to see him behave the way he did with Tony lolling around, but I don't think we can say that he doesn't love Tony.

I think you can read his conversation with Tony either as a way for him to show his pride and excitement in himself for undertaking a new venture, and one that he is passionate about (somewhat like a son would look for a father's approval, and I have ALWAYS seen the Chris Tony relationship as an alternate son for Tony).

OR, as you have pointed out, you can see it as selfishness on Chris' part, taking advantage of a weak Tony. The "you owe me" comment certainly reveals the troubled underpinnings of Chris' relationship with Tony post-Adrianna, but I don't think there was enough evidence in this episode or the last to go so far as to say Chris doesn't love Tony.

I will anxiously await more evidence.

</p>

Re: Re: It's Clear that Only Carm, Meadow and AJ Love Tony.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I don't think AJ really loves him. I think AJ loves Tony the way a cat loves its owner---someone to feed him, buy him stuff, and play with him once in a while. So that degree of love, okay.<hr></blockquote>
I agree. I don't think AJ knows how to love. He may have nice memories of him and his dad doing things together, but I think his reaction to T's shooting was more of "How does this affect ME?" He had talked to Meadow in the previous ep about the whole thing being embarrassing. He wanted to kill Junior to avenge the family name and get rid of his "mummy" uncle, who's been losing his mind and acting, well, embarrassingly!

AJ has been completely self-absorbed, unable to remember to do the simplest things for his mother or others, grudgingly making appearances at the hospital when he'd rather be out clubbing or acting cool with a cute reporter. He doesn't know how to be part of a family.

I also agree that Sil loves Tony. He's always been supportive, and his face, I thought, clearly showed his love when he visited T.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I think you can read his conversation with Tony either as a way for him to show his pride and excitement in himself for undertaking a new venture, and one that he is passionate about ....
OR, as you have pointed out, you can see it as selfishness on Chris' part, taking advantage of a weak Tony.<hr></blockquote>
OR you can see BOTH. I believe he started out wanting to share his latest scheme, uh, plan with Tony, but then he couldn't help taking advantage of the situation, playing the more powerful one with the mute and incapacitated Tony.

</p>

Re: It's Clear that Only Carm, Meadow and AJ Love Tony...

For me, one of the major themes of the show, from episode 1, has been Tony's conflict in being torn between his two families...Carm, Meadow and AJ and his mob family. Tony sees his loyalty being equal to both families and demands total loyalty from both families. But he also wants love from his real family and is frustrated because he can't force them to love him, at least the way he can force his mob family to respect and follow him.

As pointed out, with the possible exception of Silvio, his mob family, which has taken a "sacred" oath not to betray each other [and which Tony takes very seriously] are a bunch of conniving opportunists. It's going to interesting to see if Tony finally realizes that, as Carm tried to tell him before, before someone tries to take him down, while he is weakened. [Vito?]

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.03: Mayham”