Re: Gab's support

I noticed something when I watched a second time.

When we first see Sil using his inhaler in the bathroom, Gab is wearing a big flower in her hair (maybe a fake flower). Then later in the hospital, Sil complains about all the flowers.

I wonder if this is foreshadowing that Gab will somehow be detrimental to Sil. I can't really see that at this point (except that she might push him more than he wants), but flower seems more than a coincidence.

</p>

In an episode that saw some of the more greedy aspects of some opportunistic characters' personalities-even Chris- I thought Gab's attitude was closer to supportive than anything. Good wives know how to boost their husband's ego! The more I get into the show, the more I enjoy the relationship between her and Sil, it seems quite civil and stable. I just wish they writers would include Heather into the storyline, she was in the first episode of the series, but must have moved up to Canada with Hunter or something.

</p>

Her reactions seemed, to me, like a proud parent who thought that her son was the best player on the team, even though the kid may be only "kinda" good. The possibility of power I think did in fact cloud her perceptions and motives. It didn't help when Sil made the comment about Jackie Sr. However, I'm sure that his name could have been floated around as potential boss-material, but then it gets exagerated in his mind as the years go by.

</p>

Maybe it's a combination of the two. Support and greed. Sil's the number 2 guy and has to step into Tony's role. On the one hand she's supportive. She wants to let him know she thinks he could do the job permanently if Tony were to die. Doesn't want him to let someone else push him aside for te spot. She sees him as a successful and capable man.

On the other hand, all the wives see how good Carmella has is. It would only be natural for her to think of what Sil being boss could afford her. So maybe she does push him for some of her own personal benefit.

Most of the wives are pretty out of the loop as far as what these guys really do everyday. So she may be a little off in la-la land when it comes to supporting/pushing him. She may not put the asthma and the added pressure together. Which may be because Sil hasn't given her all the information. Even in the hospital he blames it on the flowers.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.03: Mayham”