Re: Gab's support

Gotta go with greed on this one. It's part of what Chase meant when he said "materialism" would be a big issue this season. Gab's not sensitive at all to Sil's condition; he's falling apart in front of her. Not that I mind, mind you. Tony, Sil, and Christopher forfeited any claim on our sympathy when they murdered Ade. For while Sil just wants "to carve a piece and enjoy grandkids," he took away any chance Ade's mom had of doing the same (assuming a good doc or three could fix Ade's plumbing). He may "seem" more loyal and sympathetic, compared to the rest of the sociopaths he hangs with, but we saw the look on his face as he hunted down that "c-nt."

</p>

quoting garygizmo = "Tony, Sil, and Christopher forfeited any claim on our sympathy when they murdered Ade. For while Sil just wants "to carve a piece and enjoy grandkids," he took away any chance Ade's mom had of doing the same"
----------
Well the other side of that coin is that Ade forfeited any claim to our sympathy when she flipped - she brought it on herself to a large extent, she knew exactly what she was doing.

If she had gone to Tony or even Christopher when the FBI first approached her (walking her dog, if I remember rightly) - things might have been completely different. There's no way they could have pinned 20years on her for coke at her club - no different to half the clubs out there. Esp with decent lawyer and/or a juror in the pocket. She panicked and spilt her guts (literally on one occasion!) - and it caught up with her.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... efish82</A> at: 3/29/06 4:05 am

Hrurusch:

First, I disagree with you about Carmella. I don't think she could ever be coerced to talk to the FBI behind Tony's back.

Secondly, you have to realize that in order to flip someone, they have to find something that the person they want to flip did that was illegal. For Ade that was cocaine possession with intent to distribute and possibly conspiracy to commit murder or at least accessory to murder after the fact.

Ginny, Carmella, etc, have not committed any crimes on their own, and the FBI would never get them to flip on their husbands by threating accessory to their husbands crimes because FIRST the FBI would have to convict their husbands. If the FBI could do that, they would have no need to try to flip the wives. Your statement doesn't make any sense, because in no situation would any of the other women be placed in a situation where they could be flipped.

Even if they could be flipped, marital privilege would bar almost anything unless they consented to waive it (unlikely).

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.03: Mayham”