Re: it's all about christopher

As far as Tony and the crew getting involved in the war on terror, just remember what Sonny Corleone said about all the guys lining up to enlist after Pearl Harbor and then how he reacted upon learning that Michael had enlisted . . . I couldn't help but flash to that when Agent Harris said to Christopher something like: "It's your country too."

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>As far as Tony and the crew getting involved in the war on terror, just remember what Sonny Corleone said about all the guys lining up to enlist after Pearl Harbor and then how he reacted upon learning that Michael had enlisted <hr></blockquote>

Enlisting in the Army or Marines to fight in a ground war overseas (like Michael Corleone did) is a completely different animal than engaging in strategic covert ops and hits (like Lucky Luciano and Trafficante and Giancana and Marcello did). It is not completely out of the realm of possibility that one or more Sopranos characters could get involved in such activities, especially since, when it comes to Tony..."Don't get him started".

</p>

fbi + christopher

It could very well be that the FBI is really sincerely looking for Christopher's help against terrorism... but something tells me that the days of LCN/FBI cooperation are pretty much over. I think it's far more likely that this is a way for them to get at Chris himself... given that this is a show about the mafia, after all, and not terrorism.

But who knows? I too want Chris to live.

</p>

I don't think Harris could have had any idea that Christopher would be stopping by satriale's, especially with T getting shot, so them trying to flip Chris (after what happened the last time they tried to flip him) is far fetched... As for Tony, and the fellas helping out the country a little? I think that will happen, how I don't know, but if Tony lives he'll be looking for ways to be a 'good' person, so maybe he'll take a crack against terrorism... Anyone remember the photoshopped image of the family, and something along the lines of killing Osama, after 9/11? Just reminds me of that a little.

</p>

The two Arab guys....I got a bad feeling from them. The way they were "Tell Tony Hello from us" reminded me of Matt Bevilaqua and the other guy from season 2. This can't be good.

And why would Tony (Coma or not) give a S*it about 2 wannabees he doesn't know saying Hello. This happned in Season 2 with Matt and his friend and in season 3 with Jackie Jr. and Dino Zerilli.

And we all know where all of them ended up.

</p>

I really have to reiterate that I don't think the two middle eastern men in the Bing or the statements between Harris and Chris have much to do with future plot points. I truly think these scenes are there to remind us that not much really separates the mob and terrorists. Both are evil. And I find it terribly ironic that while we know this about Tony, this episode made us all feel for him. It conflicts our emotions as to what is right and wrong.

To juxtapose the mafia evil and the terrorist evil brings back the notion that no matter how much feeling we have for Tony and friends, we must remember who and what they truly are.

Carmela too was conflicted I thought. She tried to explain that he wasn't going to hell, and though she may not want him to, she probably still realizes that he will if nothing changes. In fact, I could have sworn she was having some thoughts to his various other women when talking about how a woman used to be able to grab his hair with both hands - again, showing her love, and wanting desperately for him to live, but not able to shake those parts of Tony that are abhorrent.

I mean, look at the real truth in her statement "You're a good husband." Is he really? And hasn't she just spent five or so seasons explaining the many ways in which he isn't?

There is a disconnect there - wanting to see something that isn't true. So too like Tony's anger over the openess of the ports. First, none of the others seemed to care that much. And two, as Harris stated, there is much that the mafia could do to help in the current environment. But will they? At least for Tony's family, I highly doubt that. He certainly hasn't other than a few words here or there. But actions speak far louder than words.

I just don't think there is anything to be gained by bringing a middle eastern angle to the show. If they were going to flip Chris, they'd have done so already. I mean, he allowed Ade to be killed rather than do so. It won't happen. And the two guys will never be soldiers or associates in the mob. They cannot be soldiers because they are not Italian. And it's highly doubtful that they would be brought into Tony's world in any other way. Why would he trust them? As has been stated - he doesn't care about two insignicant guys. And the higher Chris gets, I don't see him doing so either.

EDIT - And moth78, you are right. We don't know they are terrorists. But I think that Chase would assume we might think so after just watching the scene between Harris and Chris talking about such.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... >Detective Hunt</A> at: 3/21/06 5:08 pm

Return to “Episode 6.02: Join the Club”