Re: Noo...but....

After Observing Ego confirmed that it would not only be possible but appropriate for Melfi to visit Tony (she is one of his physicians, so the "family only" thing shouldn't be a problem), I'm wondering if she could play some role in the scenario DaView suggested.

I really want to see Melfi involved somehow. Just like she had to be at the hotel in Test Dream as the symbol of his spiritual advisor/new mother, she needs to be around for this crisis in some way.

</p>

Meadow

Interesting points Deveiw! I had an uneasy feeling about that Doctor as well. You might very well be on to something.

I'll add Meadow's section of Burroughs "Seven Souls."

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>"Number three is Khu, the Guardian Angel. ... The Khu is responsible for the subject and can be injured in his defense-but not permanently, since the first three souls are eternal."<hr></blockquote>

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... store>Pork Store</A> at: 3/23/06 7:46 pm

Tony has certainly rubbed a few doctors the wrong way. The time Chris needed some things explained to him after T and Adrianna's accident and Junior not getting his phone calls returned.

I would think the news that Tony is in the hospital would travel fast among the doc's.

Can I assume we are talking about the same hospital ?

</p>

When watching the episode a second time there was something the doctor said to Tony when he's in purgatory that I think shows he will recover from this. The doctor says "You can rest here a while. You're fine other than minor concussion".
To me that means that Tony will still be in a coma for a bit longer, but when he does come out of it he will not suffer brain damage or any long term illness.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>i accept your apology<hr></blockquote>

Mr Geb, you seem determined to try my tolerance for snide, personally provocative, and downright insulting remarks, continuing a course you started at Sopranoland. If you truly wish to continue posting here, it seems a dangerous course.

Ivy was MIA at Sopranoland until the virtual eve of the season premiere, and so I started this forum to attain total control of how Sopranos discussions in which I participate are oragnized and mediated. Ergo, I get to define what is or isn't a spoiler and what types of posts and posters are or are not welcome.

You are not compelled to post here nor are you granted some irrevocable right to do so just because you registered. If you don't like me, my views, my sense of organization, or judgment, by all means seek one of the many alternatives to this forum to do your Sopranos posting, including the still-thriving Sopranoland. But understand that I didn't start this place to have to spend time responding to personal jibes and innuendo and that I'm not inclined to indulge it for very long.

And to make it perfectly clear, I offered no apology because I didn't post anything that -- by my previously articulated definitions -- constitutes a spoiler.

</p>

Satriale's, I agree. At first I thought the Alzheimer's referenced the brain damage, but I've revised that in view of the coma doc's stuff about there being better treatments and his insisting that Tony "'talk' to his docs back home" (Melfi). I think the Alzheimer's is merely symbolic of the pathology in Tony's life and moral code, that he faces a bleak future and tragic end, but that there are still compelling reasons to go back (live) and try to clean house morally before he meets that end.

</p>

FOMW

I would first like to say Thanks for the excellent Board and the opportunity to interact with other fans on various issues.
I lurk a lot on both boards and rarely comment because I am a mere amateur when it comes to being insightful like so many of you on these forums are.

It is my opinion that Tony will come out of this coma, he will be somewhat changed by it all, but like the quote Silvio gives that Tony loves. "I thought I was out, and they pulled me back in".

Tony is who he is, he is a gangster, and he is a family man. It appears that he has tried to keep the two lives seperate, but the way AJ is on a crash course with the business side and The intense feelings between Tony and Carmela lately, I see him being torn no matter what he does.

Chase has done a wonderful job of building characters in The Sopranos, I root for Tony even though I know he does horrible things. Chase does an excellent job of seperating the Mobster Tony and the Family Man Tony, and the womanizer Tony. I find myself forgetting that they are the same guy.

</p>

Re: Alzheimers

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>At first I thought the Alzheimer's referenced the brain damage, but I've revised that in view of the coma doc's stuff about there being better treatments and his insisting that Tony "'talk' to his docs back home" (Melfi). I think the Alzheimer's is merely symbolic of the pathology in Tony's life and moral code, that he faces a bleak future and tragic end, but that there are still compelling reasons to go back (live) and try to clean house morally before he meets that end.<hr></blockquote>
Agreed. I too thought there was something specific about it at first, but upon repeated viewings, it simply leads back to the reason he went to Melfi in the first place - notice that both times, he had an MRI (which I think may have already been mentioned elsewhere here by someone else.)

Those spots in his brain may be more symbolic on that part of Tony that he is missing for his recovery. I suppose the question is, can he "find them" or are the "spots" destined to remain as they are, and as Tony seems to have accepted thus far. He not only acts as a "sometimes" patient (in that he only sometimes follows Melfi's advice and counseling), but as I noted from the first episode of this season, he seemed to have regressed prior to the shooting.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.02: Join the Club”