FBI and LCN

Did you guys also find it ironic how the FBI turned Eugene down on going to Florida after Sil had done the same thing?

I was instantly reminded of Donnie Brasco where the mob tells Donnie to get rid of his moustache and the FBI tells him the same thing.

An allusion to how similar the two organisations essentially are? Maybe even two sides of the same coin.

This was also shown when the FBI agents didnt care about the fate of Adriana, their rules and objectives being more important than people.

</p>

Re: FBI and LCN

This was also shown when the FBI agents didnt care about the fate of Adriana, their rules and objectives being more important than people.
I've read the least realistic part of Soprano's is the way the FBI would have handled Adrianna. First, they almost never use a wife or girlfriend. Second, if she was working with the FBI, she'd have protection 24/7.

</p>

Oh yeah. Research suggests that "offenders" and law enforcement types are constructed, in fact, quite similarly, personality-wise and characterologically. The difference is that the offenders and enforcers play for opposing teams...elevated sociopathy indices show up on personality assessments of local police officers.

</p>

phils point... if true, is an interesting one.. does anyone on the board have first hand knowledge about this? especially whether or not an informant would have 'protection 24/7'? i would think that would be pretty damn hard to accomplish, and would also put the informant in more danger than it would keep them out of.

</p>

I've been wanting to post on this topic. I'm just not sure that it is OK to post in this thread since much of what I want to discuss is based on later seasons.

Mostly, I want to trash the FBI people for the incompetent way they allowed Adrianna and others they were supposed to be protecting to be killed. All the while they were making fun of these people and having a good time laughing at them. I thought it was really sickening to see how they laughed at some of the mafia people - all the while they were acting worse then the mafia people. I guess I better resolve where to post this kind of thread.

Return to “Episode 6.01: Members Only”