The Suicide

Pontecorvo's suicide was one of the most brutal scenes I've seen in a while. Watching him thrash around and then slowly go limp before pissing his pants was pretty fu@%ing disturbing. The final scene with Junior and Tony was brilliant. That eerie song playing made the scene feel even darker, and Junior with no teeth looked like something out of a horror movie. Once again James Gandolfini proves that he's an amazing actor.

</p>

Re: The Suicide

To address the question of the murder Ray Curto was discussing with Agent Robin Sanseverino, just before he died, it sounds to me like he was talking about the murder of Angelo Giacolone. For some reason I can't immediately recall if we have encountered that name before in the series.

</p>

Re: Episode Review (post all general comments here)

I agree that we won't be going "backwards" this season. My guess is that at the end of S6 Ep 1., Tony's life is flashing before his eyes as he is laying on the floor and presumably losing consciousness. This may be a setup for the final eight episodes to be aired in early 2007. As Tony's life flashes before his eyes, many of those events he is "seeing" could have occurred in the intervening 2 years between Seasons 5 and 6. This could be the vehicle Chase uses to introduce those episodes and the events that took place (e.g. Christopher becoming captain).

I may be wrong but aren't those final eight episodes supposed to focus on that time period? I believe I read that somewhere.

</p>

Crabster - I believe I read that Chase thought a movie could cover the time in between, but to be truthful, I don't know why he would want to. Why cover ground that is over? Plus, the actors have all aged beyond what they would be during that time. Unless he has already shot it (which I doubt) I don't think that's it.

I am content to believe that we will have a perfectly linear season arc. If I'm wrong, I'll not complain. But I just don't see any evidence that suggests any sort of flashback or reverse exposition. In the end, what would be the point?

</p>

Well, here are my thoughts to an episode that made me go "Wow". In the tradition to FlyOnMelfisWall, I'll try to offer up some stuff:

-Agent Sanservino throwing up. He can't stomach his new assignment? Later on, in the clips you hear Chris mention how the FBI doesn't come for the food, but because they miss them. Them as in the mob? Could it be that the gov't can't stomach their new priorities, and miss their old enemies? This day in age of terror and global conflict, as opposed to the safe days of pre-9/11...

-Touched upon before, but Janice obviously misses her free-spirited days. Now, she has her responsibilities while her husband acts like a kid in the candy store with his train set (what is the symbolism with the Nestle Nesquik? It was the first chocolate milk shake in the US is all I read). Ha ha, he looks like a dork with that stupid hat and goofy smile too.

-Damn, Meadow is fine.

I'm too bored to finish the rest, so I'll leave it at that: Meadow is fine.

</p>

Re: re: episode review

Sign up for usenet access at http://www.usenetserver.com ... It's only $3.00 for 2 days and then download the program at http://www.newsleecher.com .. setup your server with you username and password. Then go to http://www.nzbzone.com and search for sopranos and download the nzb file and then load the nzb file with the newsleecher program you downloaded earlier. The download will start and all you then have to figure out is how to unrar (search on google).

</p>

Did anyone happen to see Eugene, Vito and Johnny Sac interviewed on IMUS in the Morning on MSNBC today?

IMUS asked Eugene about his feelings re: The hanging scene. (Sorry, I can't remember Eugenes real name). Eugene replied he was quite upset during the filming of it. They had to do "4 or 5 takes" and during each take he kept thinking about the people who actually do this for real. He said it freaked him out more than "lying in a coffin". Sounds like another funeral scene coming up, or perhaps he was referring to a role he played in another show.

Vincent Curatola mentioned that he and Michael Imperioli teach acting classes together at Dantes (Michael's NY theatre) and that the guy Eugene shot in Boston was actually played by one of their students...

Vito said that he was going for hip replacement surgery in two weeks. Since filming on the first 12 Season 6 episodes just ended on Friday (according to Curatola), does this mean that Vito will not be available when filming begins on the remaining 8 episodes? In other words, will Vito be sleepin' wid some fishes by ep 12? I'm not sure how long recovery from hip replacement surgery is but it can't be an out patient kind of thing...can it?

Anyways, just a bit of trivia for all the fine posters here.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... rabster</A> at: 3/13/06 7:23 pm

nutcase1968 wrote:

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>JUST A THOUGHT. I DO NOT THINK THAT THE SERIES WILL RUN BACKWARDS, BUT IN CASE IT DOES.....WHEN GINNY SHOWS JOHN THE PICTURES OF THE SHOWER, THEY DONT SAY WEDDING SHOWER DO THEY? IT COULD BE THE FUTURE AND IT COULD BE A BABY SHOWER......JUST A THOUGHT.... <hr></blockquote>

After having watched the epsiode again, I doubt that we are going to "run backwards". If the scene you are referring to took place at the end of this season, then I doubt that John would be talking to Phil about the fact that his trial is "coming up"...it would have already happened.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.01: Members Only”