Re: Agent Harris

Well, its customary for any 911 call to be returned when no one speaks, to veryify if it was an accident. If no one answers on that return call theyre going to send a patrol car to the residence the call came from. Things like that have to happen all the time. I'm sure incapacitated older folks have to call and not be able to speak...or if there was a B&E and someone has a chance to call but not respond. Odds are someone would be sent over post haste.

</p>

Not wierd at all in season 2 they talk basketball and shoot the Sh**t together he has known agen Harris since season one. It's kind of the know thy enemy type of thing. And bureau chief Cubitso always gets candy and stuff for every occasion from Tony.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>
The FBI in "real life" has relationships with most of the bosses. It's not like they don't know that they are there watching their every move. And in Goodfellas they even wake them up (the feds in the car) when they are leaving so they can continue to tail them as they drive around town. They don't care. Being scared of them would almost be an admission of guilt. Why would you not want to interact with the feds if you didn;t have anything to hide?<hr></blockquote>

That reminds me of the obituary of a recently deceased mob investigator in the Brooklyn DA's office - Kenneth McCabe, who passed away last month. The obituary included this bit:

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>[C]apeci wrote . . . about an encounter Mr. McCabe had in 1991 with Anthony Spero, a consigliere in the Bonanno family, while observing him in Bath Beach, Brooklyn.

Spero approached Mr. McCabe's car and the two exchanged jokes. Spero said he planned to retire. Mr. McCabe replied that he hoped he would go somewhere warm, because he “didn't want to do surveillance in the cold.” <hr></blockquote>

</p>

I think the FBI's visit to Satriale's is intentional. I think maybe they want to recruit the Mob to infiltrate and report on the terrorist's activities, operating on the premise "It takes a crook to catch one". After all, doesn't the Mob "control" the ports? They would be eyes and ears for the FBI, in their way of thinking. You heard Christopher, "Don't get Tony started on that sh*t".

Isn't it true that the Mob is really fiercely patriotic, even if they don't serve their country in the military?

</p>

The FBI and mafia guys sometimes have relationships that are not friendly but show respect for the enemy.

It is not all that unreasonable that the FBI would frequent places where the mob hang out. If anything to let them know that the FBI is always there.

It's similar to what the FBI did when they were going after Castellano when he was heading the Gambinos. They went to the places where guys hung out, tried to chat them up and let them know they were around. Many of the mob guys like Joe Gallo and Piney Armone were quite civil to the FBI and spoke with them when they came to their place.

</p>

chrisishot1 wrote:

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Isn't it true that the Mob is really fiercely patriotic, even if they don't serve their country in the military?<hr></blockquote>

JohnnyTwoTimes wrote:

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>The FBI and mafia guys sometimes have relationships that are not friendly but show respect for the enemy.<hr></blockquote>

Both points are well made. When Tony found out that Agent Harris was engaged in anti-terrorism duties, I sensed a hint of admiration in Tony for Agent Harris.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.01: Members Only”