Re: PINK FLOYD!!

I could be wrong, but I believe this is the only television show (or movie, for that matter) that Pink Floyd has ever licensed their music to appear in. And not only once, either.

In the season 4 episode "Mergers and Acquisitions" Tony falls asleep in front of his new home theater system and wakes up as "Dark Side of the Moon" is ending. Also, he's singing "Another Brick in the Wall" in the shower later in the episode.

Then there's the season 6.1 (6A? What do we use here?) episode "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" which has "One of These Days" playing over the closing credits. Fittingly enough, the only lyric in the song is featured, "One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces".

And of course, there's "Comfortably Numb". Granted, the version used in "Kennedy and Heidi" before Christopher and Tony get into the accident (and the latter murders the former) is technically Roger Waters, Van Morrison and the Band, but I still count it. Plus, Tony comes down the stairs singing it in the previous episode "Walk Like a Man".
What violin?!

Re: PINK FLOYD!!

some/many people say """that the complete dark side of the moon album was written by pink floyd to replace/overlay the sound of wizard of oz.if you play the album while watching the movie, then many text passages will fit to actions that happen in the movie and many sound events absolutely fit to the movie. """the dark side of the moon album also comes with a small catalogue with a picture in it, many elements of it equal elements of the w'o'z poster.some people say more or all pink floyd albums and their covers center around the wizard of oz movie.
i have never really watched much of the oz/floyd syncs, so i duno :P.
google and youtube (wizard of oz pink floyd) have 1000s of results for this.would be nice to know if the use of woz hints and the pink floyd music were used by purpose in the sopranos.

Return to “Music on The Sopranos”