Obsessing song from "The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti"

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum and I hope you will help me to sleep. I heard this background song in two episodes from the first season. It sounds like a Doo Wop song from late 50's or early 60's… The episodes are "The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti" (1x08) and "Boca" (1x09). You can hear it following this link : http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/the_legend_of_tennessee_moltisanti.html
From 1:36 to 2:30
The official song that is played during this scene is "You" by the Aquatones. But it is NOT "You" by the Aquatones!

You can also hear it following this link: http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/boca.html
From 28:30 to 29:26
This time they say it's "Little Joe" by the Spaniels. But it's not this track…

So I ask : Are there two versions of the first season, like a recut or something?
And above all what's the name of this song that obsesses me so much?
I will be so grateful and peaceful if you find the name of that tune.

Thank you very much

PS: Maybe someone could give me the e-mail of Kathryn Dayak (the music editor of the show)

Re: Obsessing song from "The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti"

Hi Sonny. I am not familiar with either track but I listened to both songs on my DVD drive on my computer and I can categorically say after listening to both songs (after some googling and youtubing) that both were featured in the background of scenes;

Christopher's dream sequence - You by the Aquatones in The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti

Artie and Charmaine were arguing in the basement laundry - Little Joe by the Spaniels in Boca.

Re: Obsessing song from "The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti"

I've noticed quite a few "fan scenes" from the Sopranos floating around. Apparently there's a program out there that lets you replace certain audio tracks in videos, so people are re-editing scenes from the Sopranos to include different songs in the background. There's another page in this forum talking about the exactly that in reference to an "alternate credit sequence" he had found for an episode.

I have to wonder why anyone would even bother changing the music on the Sopranos, it's such an integral part of the show.
What violin?!

Return to “Music on The Sopranos”