S1E10:'A Hit Is A Hit'- Fast Food Joint Background tune?????

In the Fast Food Restaurant where Chrissy is getting annoyed at waiting (Where he first meets Massive G) whats the background tune????

Its really faint (Im sure it was used elsewhehere on Season 1, but I cant find it anywhere else, unless the series was recut for TV Broadcast/ video release, and thats where I heard it again

Heres a clip - ive turned down the treble so you can hear it better - I dont think its Pigeonhed (Tho its similar) as ive spoken to him on Myspace and he says its not him

http://www.man-traic.co.uk/ids/sopranos.mp3

Note its listed in the Sopranosmusicguide site stickied in this forum, but it isnt attributed - its one of the only blank ones - PLEASE help - otherwise I might have to contact HBO themselves :)

Re: S1E10:'A Hit Is A Hit'- Fast Food Joint Background tune?

Now i am pulling my hair out to figure this one out! i know i have heard it, cannot put my finger on it...most of the clip has the base rythm repeating, but a little portion has i think some lyrics and maybe a short key change or something, but its right about the same time the african- american voices say "shut the fkc up...", etc. so it gets drowned out. No doubt they layered it that way on purpose.

Is there some sort of software out there where you could isolate that string and feed into a sound-voice type recognition program connected to a database of music to try to identify it? If not, lets invent one and become millionaires! (my idea first!, except maybe after the fact, since i am so way outta touch with current music technology) :icon_biggrin:

Re: S1E10:'A Hit Is A Hit'- Fast Food Joint Background tune?

badabellisima wrote:Now i am pulling my hair out to figure this one out! i know i have heard it, cannot put my finger on it...most of the clip has the base rythm repeating, but a little portion has i think some lyrics and maybe a short key change or something, but its right about the same time the african- american voices say "shut the fkc up...", etc. so it gets drowned out. No doubt they layered it that way on purpose.

Is there some sort of software out there where you could isolate that string and feed into a sound-voice type recognition program connected to a database of music to try to identify it? If not, lets invent one and become millionaires! (my idea first!, except maybe after the fact, since i am so way outta touch with current music technology) :icon_biggrin:

there is both types of software in existence funnily enough :) although if the source file has been processed so much (eqed for the show, then striped to remove the voices) it wont nail it

i was even thinking of emailing Kathryn Dayak (Music Editor for that ep) but I cant even find an Agency contact let alone email...:(

Return to “Music on The Sopranos”