Re: List Your Favorite Sopranos Songs!!

My favorite music is the Kinks song, "I'm Not Like Everybody Else." It is from Season 5 - episode: "Cold Cuts" - the episode where Janice got into a fight with another soccer mom and wound up getting arrested, going to jail and being forced to attend some Anger Mgmt. classes.

I particularly like the song because the words and music both fit so well with the plot from the episode "Cold Cuts". In my opinion, the entire concept of Janice going to a few anger management sessons and thereby becoming a healthy happy human being as a result (almost overnight), is just a whole lotta horseshit and I don't think Tony was very happy about it either. When I call it "horseshit", what I mean by that is that she seemed to be able to accomplish this virtually overnight and she then seemed to show off to everyone just how much progress she had made.

As a matter of fact, I'm being very facetious about this (joking inappropriately). I think Tony was furious with Janice - because he thought that she was somehow teasing him or rubbing it in that she had outdone him - that her attempt at healing or therapy had worked better than his and that she was now a happier human being than he was.

I can't imagine a more appropriate outcome for that episode beyond Tony causing Janice to explode in anger as a result of his pushing her buttons. Tony played her masterfully - like a violin. He was masterful in the way he pushed her buttons. Of course, I'm assuming that he was deliberately trying to make her lose control of herself and explode in anger.

I don't know exactly how much (if at all) Janice was trying to goad Tony or to show him up (vis a vis her therapy vs his) - if at all. But I sure did get the sense that Tony didn't like the fact one little bit that she appeared to be so much happier and healthier than him - so cured of her anger problem. And this song surely did fit his mood when he got through with her.

Splishak wrote: I particularly like the song because the words and music both fit so well with the plot from the episode "Cold Cuts". In my opinion, the entire concept of Janice going to a few anger management sessons and thereby becoming a healthy happy human being as a result (almost overnight), is just a whole lotta horseshit and I don't think Tony was very happy about it either. When I call it "horseshit", what I mean by that is that she seemed to be able to accomplish this virtually overnight and she then seemed to show off to everyone just how much progress she had made.

As a matter of fact, I'm being very facetious about this (joking inappropriately). I think Tony was furious with Janice - because he thought that she was somehow teasing him or rubbing it in that she had outdone him - that her attempt at healing or therapy had worked better than his and that she was now a happier human being than he was.

I can't imagine a more appropriate outcome for that episode beyond Tony causing Janice to explode in anger as a result of his pushing her buttons. Tony played her masterfully - like a violin. He was masterful in the way he pushed her buttons. Of course, I'm assuming that he was deliberately trying to make her lose control of herself and explode in anger.

I don't know exactly how much (if at all) Janice was trying to goad Tony or to show him up (vis a vis her therapy vs his) - if at all. But I sure did get the sense that Tony didn't like the fact one little bit that she appeared to be so much happier and healthier than him - so cured of her anger problem. And this song surely did fit his mood when he got through with her.

[font="Courier New"]Could not have said it better myself, Splishak.

-Delvis-[/font]

Just a few and in no particular order

1. Cavalleria Rusticana - Intermezzo : The Blue Comet where Tony and Syl did their little Raging Bull tribute

2. Con te Partiro - going home to Italy

3. Core N'Grato - sung by Junior at Jackie Jr's wake

4. Oh Girl by the Chi Lites - Tony beats up Zellmann

5. It was a very good year - Frank Sinatra

Return to “Music on The Sopranos”