Did the airport security cams film Chris parking Ade's car?

We see that after Adriana is killed, Christopher takes her car and drives it over to the long term parking lot at Newark Airport and walks away. Those parking lots have security cameras all over the place. These days, there is no place in an airport or its parking lots and surrounding areas, where you aren't on camera constantly, except for the restrooms.

So it follows that Christopher has been filmed parking that car there. The feds will locate that car if it stays parked there, and if they find Adriana's body, then they have Christopher cold. He'll be thrown in jail on at the least an "accessory to murder" charge, which would get him 25 years.

I think it was a big mistake by Christopher to leave her car at the airport, and its still not out of the question that ultimately he's forced to flip.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p196.ezboard.com/bsopranolandfor ... ion1963</A> at: 5/25/04 8:16 pm

Tapes don't lie

There may be tapes off the lot cameras, but they are mainly there to reduce car theft, not for other crimes, but could be. How long would they keep the tapes for? What kind of quality of picture would they get. Notice how the scene was filmed, suggesting from the perspective of the monitor cameras.
How long would the car have to be in long-term parking before the police are notified to determine the owner, so the lot managment can get paid and if necessary, to seize the car and auction it to pay the parking bill. Of course, then they would find out Ada's car and think she disappeared, but never sure how, and even then, would they check the cameras? Would the feds be notified when the car found unless watch put on the plates? Even then, would be difficult to get Chris as an accessory.

</p>

perfectly plausible but...

its perfectly plausible that chris was filmed parking adriana's car at the airport. But I don't think it leads to Christopher flipping. If he wasn't going to flip to save Adriana, he's not going to flip period, even if facing a long jail sentence. But it might be a reason why Tony flips. To get immunity for Christopher. He won't want Christopher to spend much of the rest of his life in jail

</p>

Re: reply

I figured the tapes probably tape over themselves every few days. That is what the bank I used to work for did. They only put in new tapes once every few months. By the time someone finds the car, his picture will be long gone.

</p>

they are digital recordings

I figured the tapes probably tape over themselves every few days. That is what the bank I used to work for did. They only put in new tapes once every few months. By the time someone finds the car, his picture will be long gone.

If it were a 7/11 surveillance tapes you'd be right. But not at the airport, not after 9-11. They assuredly monitor those tapes like hawks and keep them stored away. Remember also that they don't use videocassettes anymore. This is the modern age. Everything is taped digitally now. A day's recording of parking lot activity is just another file on a computer

</p>

just to add

If it were a 7/11 surveillance tapes you'd be right. But not at the airport, not after 9-11. They assuredly monitor those tapes like hawks and keep them stored away. Remember also that they don't use videocassettes anymore. This is the modern age. Everything is taped digitally now. A day's recording of parking lot activity is just another file on a computer

This was foreshadowed when Tony was talking about 9/11 and the whole entire "Docks Could Be Used for the Next Terrorist Attacks" speech.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p196.ezboard.com/bsopranolandfor ... termath</A> at: 5/25/04 10:59 pm

Return to “Episode 5.12: Long Term Parking”