New HBO Tribue to JG

Just happened to be flipping on the guide in the HBO multiplex and saw that a tribute to James Gandolfini is airing tonight (12/26) on HBO west at 10:15 EST. That means it already aired on the regular HBO (east) feed at 7:15. I assume it will also be rerun. But I hadn't heard this was in the works, so I'm very glad to see HBO producing this remembrance.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: HBO Tribue to JG Tonight 12/26

This was a very well done tribute, about 35 minutes long with some short but tantalizing behind-the-scenes video on the Sopranos set never published before in any form to my knowledge. The words from his colleagues are heartfelt and often very insightful and illuminating, and most everybody you'd expect to be included is included. His son Michael is even featured, as are a couple of very quick shots from inside his funeral service, both of which provide a real sense of personal connection to the viewer. So I hope everyone becomes aware of the program in time to watch it. Apparently it will run through the end of December. The schedule of remaining broadcasts is available via the bottom right link at the following page:

James Gandolfini: Tribute to a Friend
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “James Gandolfini Remembered”