Re: James Gandolfini Dead!

Just finished watching True Romance and Inside The Actors Studio. I intend to watch all of Jim's work over the coming weeks.

Here's the link to the YouTube interview James Gandolfini - Inside The Actors Studio:
http://youtu.be/F-p3XuCx5AI

A belated R.I.P Jim/Tony.
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

I just joined to say how heartbroken I am. I'm still in shock. I was looking at pictures of the funeral that had other members of the Sopranos cast and was on the verge of crying because I feel so interwoven in the "family". It's hard to differentiate reality from fantasy sometimes but deep inside, I know it was just a show. But it was such a huge part of my life during the best times of my life. It's like my father or close uncle died. That shows you what a great actor James was. RIP.

bobC wrote:Just finished watching True Romance and Inside The Actors Studio. I intend to watch all of Jim's work over the coming weeks.

Here's the link to the YouTube interview James Gandolfini - Inside The Actors Studio:
http://youtu.be/F-p3XuCx5AI

A belated R.I.P Jim/Tony.
I am watching Inside the Actors Studio now. He is (was) such a humble man. Not one to boast that is for sure. He passes off he genius to those around him. Such a likable person.

PillsAreAlotEasier wrote:I came to this forum about a month ago. The Sopranos is my favorite television show ever, and James Gandolfini alone was a superb actor. His performance of Tony transcends t.v. into pop culture, and with iconic nature.

To paraphrase an earlier post, Rest In Peace T...
Welcome to the board.
johnbossi wrote:I just joined to say how heartbroken I am. I'm still in shock. I was looking at pictures of the funeral that had other members of the Sopranos cast and was on the verge of crying because I feel so interwoven in the "family". It's hard to differentiate reality from fantasy sometimes but deep inside, I know it was just a show. But it was such a huge part of my life during the best times of my life. It's like my father or close uncle died. That shows you what a great actor James was. RIP.
Welcome to you as well. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
BarRoma wrote:I heard 'Glad Tidings' playing on the radio last night when I was flipping stations. Surreal moment. :icon_sad:
The series is full of haunting moments without this tragic turn. It is only going to be more strange watching or hearing musical ques from the show now. I keep thinking of how often the show used Tony's weight and health as a bit of a joke. Its hard to find humor in any of that, at least right now. I still don't feel like I've completely wrapped my head around it.

This is my first post on the forum. Ironically, I only started with The Sopranos about a week before James died. I was looking for something else to occupy my summer while waiting for The Walking Dead to come back in October. I've now finished all 6 seasons, as of the other night, and seeing that final episode knowing Mr. Gandolfini is gone now, made that much more of an emotionally sad impact on me. I grew to love the whole family, each in their own ways. I'm so glad I found this forum the other night, as I am hungry for as much as I can get right now. Thank you James, and RIP :icon_cry: I will be checking out more of his stuff, that's for sure. I'm so saddened by this tragic loss of such a wonderful man.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, KISSLady, and welcome to the forum. Your experience made me reflect on the fact that first time viewers from here on out will always come to the show with James' death as a fact, a given. Just a sad and weird state of affairs that I think most of us are still trying to process.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “James Gandolfini Remembered”