Christopher gets his revenge!

I love this episode because Christopher gets his revenge on the cop who killed his father. Tony tells Chris his father was carrying tv trays or a crib in the house for Christopher when he was killed (whacked) by this cop. As a side note in a earlier episode Christopher talks about hearing his father tell the story of a card game(?) being robbed (if i remember right?), then of course they did this episode later where Christopher was just a baby so that couldn't have taken place.

At any rate, this is a very satisfing scene where the cop is retiring and of no more use to the family, so Tony lets Christopher settle the score.

One thing that bothers me is when the cop tries to hide behind the couch, you hear TWO shots and then it shows Christopher putting the cops gun in his hand like it was a suicide. But two shots? I guess a suicide situation could have missed the first shot? lol

Another great episode from the mind of Mr. Chase & company.

Any thoughts?

Re: Christopher gets his revenge!

I don't think Barry Haydu actually killed Dickie. I think the whole thing was a setup by Tony, so that he could bind Chris closer to him, as he wanted to try and begin to run the business through Chris in order to insulate himself.

"Is that him? With the sombrero?!?".....:icon_lol:
Historically, that's been the case.

Yes...that was in Christophers mind, like he said to Barry Heydu when he denined killing his father... " It doesn't matter, they want you dead anyway."
Yeah...Tony could have used this as a excuse to make Christopher kill this guy but, Christopher would have done it anyway so why should Tony lie??..Christopher is a soldier after all and will do what Tony demands of him.

But it seemed Christopher believed the latter (as i like to believe) because of the last scene where he places the $20 bill on the fridge at his mothers house...Very moving scene, got to love this show for the questions it raises.

But I see your point tinytears....Tony bring him in closer to run things and keep him out of hot water. I must remember that for future reference.

Thanks!

p.s. Is that him? With the sombrero?!?"....lol..Ditto!! tinytears.

From the post that started this thread:
"One thing that bothers me is when the cop tries to hide behind the couch, you hear TWO shots and then it shows Christopher putting the cops gun in his hand like it was a suicide. But two shots? I guess a suicide situation could have missed the first shot? lol"

I think Chris, by shooting the swordfish, was trying to make it look like the cop had exchanged shots with an intruder, not that he commited suicide. An investigation would have shown that the shots that killed him couldn't have been self-inflicted - no residue on the cop's hand and the entry wounds would likely show that they weren't made from a close enough range.
I originally thought that Chris was trying to mislead an investigation with false clues, but now it seems to me that there was no intelligent sensible plan there that would have been anything but a short-term distraction once the evidence was examined. The only smart thing was wiping his own fingerprints from the gun. So either the writers botched this one or Chris was acting irrationally or being randomly foolish.

Billyv....One other thing concerning the evidence, was that Christopher was smoking when Barry woke up in the house, and Christopher snuffs his cigarette out in the ashtray. They didn't really show if he removed that cigarette when he left after killing Barry. If he left it of course it would have DNA evidence all over it.

Oh well....If I remember right, he got away with it. :icon_smile:

Return to “Episode 4.01: For All Debts Public and Private”