Re: Favourite quotes from "Army Of One"

Tony: "I've been dreaming about that romaine all the way over here, NOW WHO THE HELL CAME IN HERE AND ATE MY SHIT!"

Ralph: "Last year you believed a flying saucer was over East Rotherford"

Kellie: "He was killed by some fat fuck in see through socks"

Junior: "You're sorry, that's all I hear"
"I use the technique of positive visualization. How come I always feel undermined?"

Goliath55 wrote:Tony: "I've been dreaming about that romaine all the way over here, NOW WHO THE HELL CAME IN HERE AND ATE MY SHIT!"
That's one of my favorite uncomfortably hilarious moments in the series, but I could never understand what Gandolfini was calling the food in the fridge. What is a "romaine"? I'm sure it wasn't lettuce . . . Tony wouldn't get excited about that, LOL.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:That's one of my favorite uncomfortably hilarious moments in the series, but I could never understand what Gandolfini was calling the food in the fridge. What is a "romaine"? I'm sure it wasn't lettuce . . . Tony wouldn't get excited about that, LOL.
It's lo mein. I'm pretty sure he says it's "beef lo mein" he was dreaming of. LOL.

Anytime ;)

As an aside, I remember reading or hearing Chase in some interview or something describe a scene in which Gandolfini, in a scene with Silvio, was supposed to be reacting to bad news in a fit of rage and slamming a fridge door. But JG got himself so worked up that he slammed it too hard and broke it! Then the crew had an incredibly hard time maintaining continuity with that broken fridge door, trying to fix it and failing, etc. Now I'm not 100 percent certain, but I'm pretty sure that Chase was referring to this scene (if so, he erroneously cited it as being from Season 4 or so, but such is the nature of memory).

Nice additional anecdote there. I'd never heard that one, though I THINK I recall that Gandolfini tore up a phone booth or something and also punched a window in anger, maybe in a hospital room. Neither of these was scripted, it was him doing this in his own frustration, and the one with the window injured him and caused delays in shooting which he apologized to the crew for.

He really did invest so much emotion in his performances. And, considering whom he was playing, I can see why it became increasingly difficult for him to do the role.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Episode 3.13: Army of One”