Tony's cars

In "Irregular Around the Margins" Tony wiped out the Escalade. The car Chrissy later shot in the parking lot was the burgandy colored Chevy Suburban from earlier seasons (which we hadn't seen him in for awhile). In Camelot, he's now driving a white vehicle (SUV?)

Anyone seen this vehicle before? Cripes, how many cars does T own?

</p>

Re: Tony's cars

Don't know what to make of his temporary reversion to the burgundy suburban. Maybe he had given/sold it to Janice or something and got it back until he could get insurance to pay for a replacement.

The white Escalade is clearly the replacement vehicle for the totalled black Escalade. And what struck me about this is the color change. Why go from black to white? In this season of heavy symbolism, few coincidences, and more meaniningful self-examination by Tony, is this yet another indication that he may be headed for a positive change?

</p>

Re: Tony's cars

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Why go from black to white? In this season of heavy symbolism, few coincidences, and more meaniningful self-examination by Tony, is this yet another indication that he may be headed for a positive change? <hr></blockquote>

Interesting thought...

</p>

Black and White as death

Fly - Reading your post about black and white reminded me of an old conversation between A.J. and Meadow (not sure if it was season 2 or 3) where A.J. was studying a passage (can't remember now what that was either) - anyway A.J. said to Meadow something along the lines of "I thought black meant death," to which Meadow replied, "white too."

Not saying this means anything, but being as Chase does delve deep into the symbolism as well as use past references quite abundantly, I did find it a bit interesting.

</p>

Re: Black and White as death

I think the color change has more to do with product placement than some sort of deeper insite. Remember after the accident he told Adrianna that the "Escalde" probabaly saved their life. Nice pitch for GM and its Cadillac division; also Chris has a Hummer also made by GM, Paulie has a Eldorado Caddy (GM) the Suburban (GM). I know that Carm has a Mercedes wagon, but most of them have GM built cars this season.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub132.ezboard.com/bsopranolandf ... lar1110</A> at: 4/20/04 3:42 pm

Re: Black and White as death

the passage was by robert frost, forget the title of the poem but the passage went something like

"these woods are lovely dark and deep, but i have promises to keep...and miles to go before i sleep, and miles to go before i sleep"

thats an interesting catch from that earlier reference...i didnt think of it, but the white car definitely makes him stand out more,,,

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.07: In Camelot”