How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 3.02: Proshai, Livushka - Grades & General Revie

Thanks Mikey. I thought I was going crazy there.

They did that a few times, crediting non-regulars for episodes they weren't in. Frustrating.

I believe the extra story. I think Casa Soprano was a real house in Jersey which was used for interior as well as exterior scenes. It was probably a case of realising the mistake could actually be used to good effect to illustrate the presence of the departed and their influence even after death, one of the key themes of the show. Perhaps referring to Johnny Boy this being Livia's wake.

SacredPropane wrote:Thanks Mikey. I thought I was going crazy there.

They did that a few times, crediting non-regulars for episodes they weren't in. Frustrating.

I believe the extra story. I think Casa Soprano was a real house in Jersey which was used for interior as well as exterior scenes. It was probably a case of realising the mistake could actually be used to good effect to illustrate the presence of the departed and their influence even after death, one of the key themes of the show. Perhaps referring to Johnny Boy this being Livia's wake.
Just to clear that up, the pilot was filmed inside the house, every episode after that was actually in a studio and only the exterior shots were on location at the house... so at that time that was definitely on a set.

Speaking of Johnny sack does anyone else find it strange that he never did actually show up at Tony's mothers funeral? They were good friends and big business associates... And yet he did show up at Jackie Jrs funeral!

jouster wrote:It's at 45:26 in the episode, when Janice is playing Livia's favorite song. I've attached a screencap.
Forget the figure walking down the stairs at the end of Calling All Cars or Pussy in the mirror and AJ calling out to Grandma in this very episode, that ghost walking down the stairs is easily, to me, the creepiest Sopranos moment. My theory is that it was not an accident. It was either meant to be the ghost of Johnny Boy looking like he'd look had he still been living at the time or its actually....a REAL GHOST! Many Sopranos episodes even greater than this one but this one was a real powerful episode just the same. During this last all-86-marathon I was just on I forgot just how amazing this episode was that I had to view it a second time before continuing on. I also dig that brief quiet 'bridge' scene of Tony out in the yard moving the sprinkler and smoking a cigar with a smile after leaving the living room (and Public Enemy) from an angry Meadow (over his inappropriateness toward Noah) before coming back inside to a completely different climate - being greeted by all three with Carm giving the news (Meadow offering condolenses and being nice to him if however very temporary). The wake with the Janice-forced eulogies simply masterfully written dialogue even allowing room for some comedy (ex - "she didn't mince words").

An extra thing to bring up (back to 'ghosts'), did anyone notice the brief shot of that younger-Uncle-Jun-circa-1960s-looking man in the derby and glasses standing behind Tony at the funeral?

Return to “Episode 3.02: Proshai, Livushka”