How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 3.02: Proshai, Livushka - Grades & General Revie

Hi, zep41, and welcome to the forum.:icon_wink:

I presume Davie's point was that, even though the image in the mirror was clearly Pussy, the intention was not to actually convey that Pussy was alive in the room but that Tony's thoughts flashed to him in that instant. Tony's guilt and conflict over killing Pussy was a theme throughout season 3 and was the reason he beat the crap out of Georgie over the talking fish and had the awkward reaction to Meadow's Christmas gift that year of the same fish.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:Hi, zep41, and welcome to the forum.:icon_wink:

I presume Davie's point was that, even though the image in the mirror was clearly Pussy, the intention was not to actually convey that Pussy was alive in the room but that Tony's thoughts flashed to him in that instant. Tony's guilt and conflict over killing Pussy was a theme throughout season 3 and was the reason he beat the crap out of Georgie over the talking fish and had the awkward reaction to Meadow's Christmas gift that year of the same fish.
Thanks,

I see what you are saying. I saw this scene as a reminder that Puss was/is/whatever pissed about what Tony did to him---- but in spirit he was at the funeral showing Tony his condolences because he still felt like he was one of his best friends. And I think at that moment Tony felt that sense of comfort, but also slight aprehension.

It still made me jump the first time i saw this --- cause you know nobody is standing there, yet there's Pussy's big ugly mug in the mirror.

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:I presume Davie's point was that, even though the image in the mirror was clearly Pussy, the intention was not to actually convey that Pussy was alive in the room but that Tony's thoughts flashed to him in that instant. Tony's guilt and conflict over killing Pussy was a theme throughout season 3 and was the reason he beat the crap out of Georgie over the talking fish and had the awkward reaction to Meadow's Christmas gift that year of the same fish.

You pretty much nailed it Fly, thanks for the intervention!
After all, English is not my mother tongue. So I couldn't have explained it better.

Hi, levi, and welcome to the forum.:icon_wink:

I recall the scene you mention, of course, and recall them talking about Survivor. But I would have to watch the episode again to hear the specific dialog you quoted to have any idea what he said. I can't recall it off hand.

Maybe someone who's viewed it more recently can weigh in.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

I am actually going to re watch this episode very soon, because I remember it as one of my favorites so i'll see if I can find Johnny for you.... maybe hes just sitting in the back at the funeral or something?

Anyway this episode definitely is eerie from AJ hearing the creek in the house and walking to the big foyer and saying "grandma?" to the guy coming down the stairs, to Pussy in the mirror.

The thing with Pussy I agree is that hes in Tony's thoughts... I have a friend who passed a few years ago and there have been times where I have been with other friends and for that quarter of a second you kind of look up expecting him to be there.... and almost actually envisioning him until you remember that hes gone... In this case when Tony, Pauly and Furio are together the way we see Pussy is the way he would be standing if he were there taking in the conversation... and the look Tony gives is almost as though hes going to say something to him and realises he cant now.

About the guy coming down the stairs I truly thought at first it was as someone mentioned before just some guy that saw what was going on and said "F this... Im outta here" haha

The "lost extra" thing doesnt sit with me because lets keep in mind theyre on a set and this guy is coming down stairs.... well those stairs probably dont even go anywhere... so why was that guy on the stairs in the first place? Must be a reason for him coming down...

Return to “Episode 3.02: Proshai, Livushka”