I'm through with Chris

Until this episode I considered Christopher somehow cool. But know I realized that he's a fucking abuser. I mean he beat Ade before but this time was just enough. He's not cool anymore he's just a psychopath to me. If he were my friend he wouldn't be anymore after that incident.
Tony at least has some limits. He must have felt the same when Carmella told him about Furio but at least he could somehow control himself. Christopher on the other hand would've killed Ade for admitting she liked someone else.
So I lost my affection to this formerly very liked character. I wouldn't even mind him to get whacked. I'm sure he'll continue his psycho-way and gets what he deserves.

It's just funny as I'm sure in any other tv-show those bad characters would turn into something good, something hero-like. But with Chase it's like they all become worse which they basicly were from the beginning. They are criminals, which on tv turns into some kind of coolness. But Chase is reminding us, that this coolnes has its price.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub132.ezboard.com/bsopranolandf ... etlight</A> at: 4/6/04 7:36 pm

Re: I'm through with Chris

He's always been a true sociopath to me with no real redeeming qualities. His "loyalty" to Tony, such as it's been, is probably the best thing I could ever say about him. I was actually favorably surprised that he didn't kill Ade or injure her more seriously. Still, he's not an ounce "better" than Paulie and only marginally better than Richie or Ralph.

Of course I've always felt that in addition to fairly representing the moral dregs that populate the Mafia, the importance/dramatic purpose of characters like Chris is to offer contrast to Tony, who while similar to Chris in most ways is also very different from him.

</p>

When Tony held the gun to Christophers face I really thought that he would kill him. For second I really believed this could happen but I was glad it didn't. Now I think it would've been better. I just hope he gets the death he deserves, it should be some kind of punishment for the things he has done. Man, I can't believe I'm looking forward to his death now. One episode ago I considered Chris quite redeemable but it all changed within an hour.

I wonder if Chase will make me hate all these guys. I mean this would be kinda odd, wouldn't it? To watch a show where wish everybody to be death? But that would be some cool ending.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub132.ezboard.com/bsopranolandf ... etlight</A> at: 4/6/04 7:55 pm

None of these guys are redeemable ultimately. They are hardened criminals who are doomed to pay the consequences for the lives they lead. You shouldn't really like Tony or Christopher, they are thieves and murderers. The show is going to end most likely with one or both dead or in jail. You aren't supposed to "like" these characters or think they can be saved. They are both doomed.

</p>

Depravity hierarchy...

...in the hierarchy of "dreggery" where to you place Bobby B? Patsy P? I have posted before about my affection for Bobby B., but of course I may be sentimentalizing another irredeemable thug. Yep, Chris is dark, yet artfully developed as a archetypal character, who is a magnet for co-dependent women.

</p>

Re: Depravity hierarchy...

hasn't chris suffered and payed enough, his dad was killed getting him tv dinner trays, for him to eat dinner on, h was shot multiple times and currently has no spleen gene, he hasn't had a good high in what seems like months, and on top of all this, the two people that mean the most to him came this close to subtracting him from their equations and humping like bunnys. i dont care what adrianna says to sansaravino about never effing tony, she was 1 inch away from tony lips before being interrupted by phil and peeps. like chrissy says, he busts his ass day and night so she can afford her booze and coke, and all the other garbage she shovels in her mouth, and what does he get in return...a smelly bathroom and betrayal from the man he would follow to the gates of hell...the betrayal was not by adrianna, becasue he cheats on her all the time, but by tony, who chris has NEVER been disloyal too insofar as going behind his back and cheating him out of something

</p>

On the other hand, last season, Junior and Paulie were urging Tony to kill Christopher ("you kill a rabid dog"...imagine if Uncle Jun had seen the display, drunken/bulletless or not, in the Bing?) Christopher lost his cell phone (with imp. numbers on it) and nearly his life scoring H, has beaten Adriana numerous times, took money from her purse, killed her dog, offed that garbage guy without permission. Sure Adriana got The Crazy Horse but is it really "hers"--it's a mob hangout, and they occupy her office and drink her booze for free whenever they want. She's kicked out of her own "office" and that's the deal for her. When Christopher gets home from his "working day/night" running hot cigarettes etc, the first thing he wants is for Ade to cook him some pasta carbonara. I don't know. I think Christopher and Ade deserve each other.
As for Tony's betrayal of him? Sure, he shouldn't sleep where he eats. But I'm not surprised that Adriana's attracted to him.
He "seems" to be a caring alternative to this guy who of late,
barely seems to notice that she's alive. The same guy she stuck by and was faithful to even when he became impotent because of all the drugs. It's one messed up relationship
attracted to T.

</p>

I'm through with Chris

I don't know why you people are calling Chrissy all these things. What he did was the right thing. You can't just go into another man's teritory, boss or no boss. Keep in mind people, the only reason they didn't actually do it was because of the accident. Chrissy did what any man would do. Remember when Tony found out about Furio and Carm. Tony and Ade went farther than those 2, and look what he wanted to do to Furio.

</p>

Chris isnt being given enough credit. After enduring betrayal from the two people he cares about the most, its no wonder why he was an emotional wreck with an itchy trigger finger. I felt sympathy for this guy during Sunday's episode; the emotional distress must of been overwhelming and sure it leads to erratic behavior. Adrianna herself justified the beating, "if it were him in the car with another woman, I would of killed him".

</p>

re

I agree, get out of here with that "I liked Chris but now he deserves to burn". Am I the only person who chanted chris along the whole time? "YEAH CHRIS SMACK THAT BITCH!" If the accident didn't happen, Tony would have f*cked Adrianna like the worthless slit that she is. I hope Chris leaves Adrianna, and furthermore sends her into a downward spiral of depression and self-hatred. That's just me though.

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.05: Irregular Around the Margins”