Will Adriana become Tony's new goumba?

Based on this week's episode, and the fact that Tony Soprano usually ends up taking what he wants, what would you think if Adrian actually becomes Tony's mistress. Say that Adrian, angry over Christopher beating her up, throws him over and goes with Tony. Adriana is insecure and needs somebody who can protect her, which Christopher cannot do. She decides not to talk to the FBI anymore, and to protect herself, seduces Tony and becomes his goumba. This would set up the climax to this season or next when Tony presumably finally gets nailed by the feds. Why would he get nailed? Because his mistress is an informant!

This would set up Christopher as either getting whacked, or becoming an outcast and leaving the family, or going to the FBI himself. Interesting plot twist.

</p>

Re: Will Adriana become Tony's new goumba?

actually she COULD testify against him... they went over that earlier when Ade found out about the statute, she went to the lawyer and asked him RIGHT after the Feds nabbed her. she thought that if her and Chris got married then she'd be out of having to testify.. she didn't learn the truth until after the hoopla, trying on the wedding dresses, showers etc had already got underway.
the exceptions are - she can be forced to testify to anything that happened before they were married.. and i think the other exception was that if there was anything involving a third party. so basically anything would be fair game, even if tony and ade got married. i totally dont see any of that happening.

</p>

Adriana, Tony's goomar? No way!

A week ago, when people were ridiculously predicting a hook-up between Tony and Ade, I totally threw water on the idea. It turned out that while I was ultimately and basically right, for essentially the reasons I stated, I wasn't totally right, for Tony did end up feeling strongly tempted to blaze Adriana, which I frankly never saw coming. So I am somewhat humbled . . . but frankly, the idea that NOW, after what has happened between Tony and Chris, and just as importantly what has happened between Chris and Ade, there is even the remotest possibility of Ade becoming Tony's goomar is bloody ridiculous.

No offense, but be real here. Tony didn't even end up actually banging the girl, yet look at all the trouble that's ensued, simply because people thought they did. Things will never be the same between Tony and Chris, if only because Tony put the gat in Chris' face and came "one c-nt-hair away" from killing him, as a wiseguy might say. And that's one hell of a significant development, since one of the key character relationships in the entire series, since the beginning, has been the uncle-nephew, mentor-apprentice relationship between Tony and Chris--particularly since Tony put Chris on to the murderer of his father at the beginning of Season 4. Now Tony and Chris will never look at each other the same way again. That HAS to have some pretty damned important ramifications by the end of the series, if not by the end of this season.

I think that Tony's asking Ade about "Danielle Ciccolela", and Ade's rash, unwise response that she had "died", will in the end prove to be Ade's downfall. Tony--or someone else who was at the dinner at Tony's house when Ade brought "Danielle" over--will run into the real "Danielle", FBI Agent Deborah Ciccerone, at some point and recognize the resemblance, and somehow the pieces of the puzzle will fall together, ultimately in Tony's mind.

</p>

dumb move, but...

That would be a real stupid move, but not impossible to believe with Tony's lack of restraint when it comes to sexual urges. If he becomes connected that closely with her, and Adriana gets discovered for her FBI role, everyone - his own people, New york, etc. - will want the big guy's head. Hell, the rumors already might be enough to cause big trouble if and when Adriana's secret is known!

</p>

Will Adriana become Tony's new goumba?

I don't think this going to happen? Tony realized his mistake & tried to fix things up @ the end of the episode, now the question is will it work? or will the feelings they have for each other lead them to the demise of the family? (vengeance may play a part on Chris possibly wacking Tony for taking ade & there's also the chance that by doing so he may take hold of the Family?) which in-turn could lead ade to testify against Chris? in any case things are really shaping up to explode either way?

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.05: Irregular Around the Margins”