Re: yes and YES

This whole Episode cought me off gaurd. I never thought T would let himself fall for Ade.
I agree with others that I loved seeing Tony seek Carm's approval. I think things between Chris and T will never be the same. Paulie did help Chris, Tony will not be percieved as week. I believe no one realy wanted him to off Chris. Who knows where this season is going to go. But I now think Tony will secreatly continue to desire Ade, he will use her talking with the Fed's as a way out for himself.

</p>

Since this season was already shot before she got the part, De Matteo's new role has nothing to do with what happens this season. Chase stated last year that he had the two final seasons already laid out in his head.
I'd bet he doesn't have her whacked just because that's what people expect. He likes to surprise you.

</p>

FlyOnMelfisWall:

Good observation on Melfi. Yes, I noticed that too. Melfi actually seemed a little jealous, no? Absolutely, she was jealous! As a matter of fact, she couldn?t stand it when Tony brought up Adrianna. However, I was very glad that Tony did not follow through.

As with the last excellent episode, I was clueless once more.
I almost thought that Tony was going to move back in with Carm when he came to the house. And the thing with Christopher, that was tense.

As a Caddy owner/lover, I was very surprised & screamed at the accident and was wondering if Adrianna would make it, but I knew Tony was alright.

Terrific last scene with the dinner, it said a lot more that words.

Old Maid

</p>

Re: Melfi's Subtle Jealousy/Assorted Details...

I concur with your interpretation, Fly... JM did register affective jealousy/disappointment with the "drop dead gorgeous" statement by Tony. Furthermore, she immediately went on a fishing expedition to hopefully invalidate (for herself) what she had just heard. She reminded him that he had only recently made the same comments about her (JM). Alas, she did not receive the stroke, she sought.

So many posted comments resonate with my experience of this episode. For me it was painful...almost unendurable. Essentially, everyone relapsed...regressed in one way or another. In rewatching the episode, I was amazed to observe Paulie rally in defense of Chrissy. I just couldn't believe this, in light of past animosities. Here was Paulie's opportunity to rid himself of the one "who got his place." Explanations, please....

The redeeming character for me was Tony B; loved what seemed to be his pragmatic and altruistic plan to have the consultation with Tony's attending. It is sad that the fates will not smile fondly on TB, per preview for next episode...

A question: What do all of you make about the scene in which Tony B came to report to Tony S about the goings-on with Christopher. He reported the events. But, before leaving Tony S's house, excused himself to use the bathroom. In that Chase does not waste filmspace, I am wondering if this seemingly mundane (going to the bathroom) detail is significant? Sort of reminiscent of Big P in bathroom, you know?

</p>

Good not great episode 3 1/2 *

Yes, this was a very good, but not a 'great' episode. I think we all knew Chris wasn't going to get killed, but rather get the 'stuff' scared out of him. While Tony is showing some control, even with Carm, I don't think it will last long. As to Paulie being 'nice' to Chris, to me it was a 'good cop-bad cop' routine to keep Chris in line, and probably didn't want to see him killed for many reasons, don't forget that Chris is 'made'. Will Chris have to go back to rehab? Will Ada screw the Feds and in turn will they screw her over? The feds now lost a place for Tony to do business at Ada's club due to the problems with Ada and perhaps Ada not wanting to see Tony hurt. I think Ada respects Tony, like a father figure. Tony B will be in with the family soon, note the previews, and the fact that he found a way to quash the rumors. I like the final scenes at the restruant, where even the Captain came over to give Chris a chance to apoligise and to apoligise himself about spreading the rumors. Clearly the dinner, with all the 'family' there, was to say the rumor wasn't true of Tony/Ada. I think Carm does realize that Tony wouldn't and didn't screw with Ada, but it still doesn't get Tony off the hook. One thing about the references to 'Dover'. There is a Dover, NJ in Morris County, northern part of the state, as well as a Dover Township I think elsewhere in NJ. The reference to Deleware was probably scripted confusion.

</p>

Re:

I thought it was a great episode. The best one so far (in season 5). One thing though, I didn?t understand why Tony Soprano brought along so many witnesses to Christopher?s "execution". Especially the bouncer from the club. I can understand Paulie etc but that bouncer? No. Also why did Tony Blundetto get involved with this "execution", he helped stop it but still. I thought Tony B. wanted nothing to do with the moblife. He seems to be getting more involved (I haven?t seen the preview for next week though).

</p>

Re: Re:

GangstersInc:

Good question, there were a lot there. Maybe Tony wanted to make it as humiliating as possible by having all those people there.

Tony B. is slowly but surely gravitating back to the ?Life?. I think he might be getting disillusioned with his present lifestyle.

Old Maid

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.05: Irregular Around the Margins”