Re: Mad Men on AMC (New Matthew Weiner project)

Don't forget to check out Jouster's post of the Matt Weiner interview on the "Screenwriters...podcast". Its in the "Sopranos' in the News" forum/threads. You will really like it, its about 20 minutes and huge insight into personal experiences that went into Sopranos episodes. Also ofcourse relates to Madmen, which i am totally loving so far. How 'bout Mrs. Draper and the doves last week!!? Couldn't help but think of Tony's ducks! :icon_biggrin:

I've watched all the episodes and decided to record them. But after re-watching a few, I found the only one that I want to re-watch was the one with the hobo and the "Dishonest Man Lives Here" message.

I loved that episode. Unfortunately, although I enjoyed the others too, I just don't see much value in re-watching them. It's a lot like Dexter. The first time I saw Dexter, I decided to record all the episodes - and I did. But upon re-viewing, I decided there was little enjoyment there. Very sad. I'm still trying to understand what makes the difference between shows that are worth recording for future repeated viewings and those that are not.

Splishak wrote:I've watched all the episodes and decided to record them. But after re-watching a few, I found the only one that I want to re-watch was the one with the hobo and the "Dishonest Man Lives Here" message.

I loved that episode. Unfortunately, although I enjoyed the others too, I just don't see much value in re-watching them. It's a lot like Dexter. The first time I saw Dexter, I decided to record all the episodes - and I did. But upon re-viewing, I decided there was little enjoyment there. Very sad. I'm still trying to understand what makes the difference between shows that are worth recording for future repeated viewings and those that are not.
Agreed. I really like Mad Men, but I haven't once re-watched an episode.

The Sopranos I can watch just about anytime. I think it just speaks to it's quality. There are other good, even great shows, and then there's The Sopranos. That's pretty much how I see it.

It's also funny to think in retrospect how ridiculously scrutinized The Sopranos was. Lots of critics rave about Mad Men, but there were some really awkward moments in the series that kind of got overlooked. For example, if a character on The Sopranos found out she was pregnant **and** gave birth in the same episode, they would be calling for David Chase's head!!

Kidding aside, I thought Mad Men had a very good first season. Looking forward to the second.

Return to “Mad Men”