Re: Anyone watching In Treatment season 2?

badabellisima wrote:Well, in one episode, he met an old friend, Elaine after an exquisite exchange with Diane Weist that completely reminded me of her quiet, yet laser-like perception exhibited in Horse Whisperer. So significant i am surprised you don't remember her. Perhaps you should re-watch it...?
That's a movie that shows up from time to time on Encore, so I will make it a point to rewatch it specifically to notice Wiest. I've always loved horses, so I don't have to be cajoled to look at a movie dealing (in part) with them. I also like Kristin Scott Thomas and, of course, Robert Redford, although I've always resented the way Hollywood relentlessly pairs actors like him with actresses young enough to be their daughters.

Back to IT, your descriptions indicate you're watching season 2 episodes. I happened to notice last night (Sunday), HBO Signature was running a block of season 2 IT, looked like all 5 of week two episodes. I don't see it on tonight, so I presume next Sunday that channel will have all week 3 episodes and so on every Sunday after. You can check the HBO schedule to be sure, but this might be a convenient way to watch the rest of the season if you have HBO Signature in your multiplex.
Paul strongly reminds me of a couple of different guyfriends or boyfriends i've known long past, . . .
To make a totally light hearted and perhaps inappropriate reply to your very serious comment, I would love to engage any time, any place with a man who strongly reminded me of Gabriel Byrne.:icon_mrgreen:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Since we mentioned Dianne West....I was just watching Little Man Tate, where she plays a mentor to a young mathematical genius. The connection is kind of interesting actually, she (in the movie) is dating a man (named Garth no less--whenever my name is used in films or shows it catches my attention, because it isn't popular or typical). Garth is played by David Hyde Pierce who played the son of Jon Mahoney on Frasier for all those years. Jon Mahoney of course went on to play Walter on the second season of In Treatment. Just an interesting connection. Nothing mind-blowing.

The six degrees of Garth!:icon_biggrin: That's an interesting connection, actually, and Little Man Tate is another movie that I recall watching but don't recall Wiest being in. Weird, because I do admire her acting, and you'd think I'd recall her being in movies I've seen. But then I didn't recall Byrne being in A Dangerous Woman either, and it's hard for me to believe now that I wouldn't have noticed him more.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Television”