Brotherhood

I hear this is the "irish version of the sopranos" anyone watch it? I have enver seen it but I plan to check it out, I hear it's loosly based on Whitey Bulger. Anyway would just liket o hear some opinions before I buy the DVD's.

Thanks

Re: Brotherhood

When this 1st came out i had high expectataions it would fill the Sopranos void. Out of the box, the acting , writing and story line seemed to be, while not up to Sopranos level, better then the norm. That and the fact it's filmed right around the corner from my house (my mothers dentist has a small part in it), seemed to be a good sign. Unfortunately after watching 3/4 of the 1st season, i realized it was missing one important ingrediant: a sense of humour. It took itself and life in general far too seriously. I've never been able to get into it again. i should in all fairness give it another try.

Re: Brotherhood

I completely agree, bloodshot. It seemed to have a lot of potential to me, but it was kind of a drag to watch, and I, like you, attribute that to the lack of humor in the show. It is a well done show, however, and features some Sopranos alums (the actors who played Agent Harris and Mikey Palmice, for starters), so it does have a lot going for it.

Return to “Television”