Re: Arrested Development: The Movie?

[Buster Bluth]Heyyy, Arrested Development movie...[/Buster Bluth]

I heard about this a little while ago. I don't like that some of the casting is said to be "rumored" on the IMBD site, but I've heard pretty much all of the principals are coming back. Have not heard of anyone NOT coming back, so it should be great.

Can't wait to see Tobias back in action...Mr. Fingerbottom... [Tobias]...Mrs...[/Tobias] or should we instead consider Frightened Inmate #2? ROFL :icon_mrgreen:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

I heard about this a little while ago. I don't like that some of the casting is said to be "rumored" on the IMBD site, but I've heard pretty much all of the principals are coming back. Have not heard of anyone NOT coming back, so it should be great.

Can't wait to see Tobias back in action...Mr. Fingerbottom... [Tobias]...Mrs...[/Tobias] ROFL :icon_mrgreen:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

:icon_mrgreen: Haha!

I have heard lots of generally casual, unconfirmed rumors floating around too, but seeing the IMDb page (which I actually did just discover last night) really did it for me. This is gonna be better than ten Super Bowls!

I'm going to be really curious as to how this will translate into a motion picture. AD was so good at skewing and playing with the conventions of television, but a movie is something entirely different. I can't even imagine where they'll go with this.

I have to say, as much as I love "Arrested Development" and consider it one of the greatest shows in television history, I'm more than a little apprehensive about the idea of a movie. Six years have passed since it went off the air, which means a lot of lost time to cover in ninety minutes. Also, I'm curious as to if they'd be able to keep up the breakneck pace of the show for an hour and a half, or if the audience will feel burned out by the three-quarter mark. And of course, there's the fact that most movies that are made from a television show end up being varying degrees of awful with a few exceptions. Just too many differences and variables between mediums.

In my opinion, I'd file this with the Sopranos under "Leave It Alone, Don't Make a Movie"
What violin?!

Return to “Literature and Film”