Team America

My brother made me watch a puppet animation feature called Team America last night, written and directed (IIRC) by the same people that produce South Park. It was one of the funniest things I've ever watched. Absolutely hilarious!

Without giving too much away, it concerns a Barbie/Ken doll gang of Americans fighting global terrorism and the crucial role that actors play in world politics.:icon_mrgreen:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: Team America

Hi Fly it is good to see, that you are just as sick as I am when it comes to humour...
Still I must admit that South Park itself bores me very much nowadays... I am still much more of a Simpsons fan.,.
You can't have everything- Where would you put it? -Steven Wright

Re: Team America

wizdog wrote:Hi Fly it is good to see, that you are just as sick as I am when it comes to humour...
Still I must admit that South Park itself bores me very much nowadays... I am still much more of a Simpsons fan.,.
Really Wizdog? I don't think South Park hit it's stride until it started attacking current affairs and attacking every possible angle of politics, religion, etc.

Are you from Hungary or an American living there? No offense, but maybe that's why you don' t enjoy it as much now? It's very much a satire of American society, very much.
Bacala: You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.
Tony: Who did what?

Return to “Literature and Film”