Re: Who could've conspired to kill Tony?(supposing Tony gets

I guess it is fun speculating who had Tony whacked and like I said in another thread I strongly suspect it was someone quite close to him who had the motive and the means to do it. Harpo picked up some pretty good indicators so I won't bother repeating them.

However in the end it is still just that mere speculation and since there is no"smoking gun" no-one can categorically state that any one person was responsible (which is also why one cannot categorically assert Tony definitely was killed).

But I think that the argument that Tony got 86ed is more compelling than not.

In the end who did it is not as important as the notion that Tony met his inevitable fate.

Still to get this started I will suggest that man in member's only jacket was a hired hitman from Italy. Anyone of the following might have hired him;

* Pussy's wife
* Adriana's mother
* Eugene's wife
* Furio
* Patsy Parisi
* Benny Fazio
* Butchie
* Uncle Junior
* The other heads of the Families.

It is likely that some of these people might have even worked together to eliminate Tony.

We might consider richjcrouch's theory that it might have been the work of a lunatic gunman.

So lets start w\ pussy's wife. Why would she do it?
We know the revenge aspect but the chase machine showed deliberate scenes where she was earning on the street aka a lady boss talking in private with patsy and benny about?...... Add any ideas please to Angie Bompensero ordering the hit...........
You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.

Maybe someone told her that Tony had Pussy killed. Like you said Patsy and Benny were (secretly?) working in partnership with her. She did look like they were doing jobs for her rather than collecting protection money from her.

She might also have been mindful that she did struggle for a time after Pussy "disappeared". And when she did take over the car shop it wasn't as lucrative as it would apparently become.

Her possible involvement in Tony's demise is just one small piece in a greater whole.

I still think someone else was more directly responsible.

It's left shrouded but I doubt it's anything so far out of left field. If the blackout is literally the moment of Tony's death, the most likely thing is that the conspiracy was driven by Carlo flipping. That opens Tony up to charges that could lead to life in prison and the odds of Tony giving up and cooperating himself under those circumstances seem fair with New York having a lot on the line if he does. At least Paulie knows Tony has some kind of relationship with Agent Harris. His history of therapy probably doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in him. Easy to see how New York would decide ending Tony made business sense (besides allowing Butch to appear strong and "answer" Phil's murder). Tony and Butch agree in the sitdown to "come up with a number" as to what Bobby's life was worth, and the same viewing of someone else's life in cost-benefit analysis terms wouldn't protect Tony very well in the place he lands.

I assume all the attention on Carlo flipping and Patsy in the story's concluding episode aren't just to kill time. It's not definitive but Tony telling Carmela about Carlo testifying against him is immediately followed by the entrance of Members Only. We heard the episode before NY had been trying to get some in NJ interested in new management and all the attention on Patsy in previous scenes makes him appear a little suspect to have collaborated on a move against Tony.

Or maybe Members Only was another patient of Melfi's being treated for his violent overreactions and he found the ripped Departures magazine earlier that day.

harpo wrote: At least Paulie knows Tony has some kind of relationship with Agent Harris. His history of therapy probably doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in him. Easy to see how New York would decide ending Tony made business sense (besides allowing Butch to appear strong and "answer" Phil's murder). Tony and Butch agree in the sitdown to "come up with a number" as to what Bobby's life was worth, and the same viewing of someone else's life in cost-benefit analysis terms wouldn't protect Tony very well in the place he lands.

Well done Harpo! You really put some pieces of this jigsaw puzzle together. Makes the big picture even clearer.

Return to “The Movie Never Ends”