Ideas For The Film

COME ON IT'S INEVEITABLE. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME IDEAS

I contest that the film will not have the same buzz if people know that nothing is going to happen to tony. Tony and James G are the sopranos

The perfect idea for me would be something along the lines of Godfather part 2with tony looking back at his earlier life (growing up and making his bones) and surviving in the present, (probably) declining mob.

Like michael corleone, HE MAYBE MORE powerful but very unhappy and the victim of more betrayal. paulie and Silvio will be back. NY will still be his pain in the ass OR the russians OR the young, stupid careless generation that has no respect for anything

Their is so many things from the series that could be expanded on to make a great film

Re: Ideas For The Film

At first I didn't think a movie was likely with most of the main characters being killed off, but it could happen. I was thinking it would be cool if something along these lines happened.

-It is revealed that Tony survived blackout scene. The movie could start right where the show left off. It could be revealed that he had a panic attack and that was what caused the blackout.

-Part of the movie could be used to tie up current lose ends.
What happened to Carlo? Did he really flip?
How does Paulie handle being Tony's no. 2 guy?
How does T prepare for the possibility of a RICO trial?
Who's promoted with Chris and Bobby dead?
Is there any progress with Sil?
etc.

-I thought another part of the movie could be a flashback to the period when Ercoli DiMeo (former boss) was put on trial. It could serve as a way for Tony to reflect on what happens to a boss, and it could also serve to bring back several characters (Sil, Chris, Junior, Pussy, Jackie Aprile,). We'd also be able to finally see the first boss of the family. This period was just a couple years before the show started so it would be fitting that the final movie brings us back to the beginning.

-Obviously a problem with this would be getting all the old actors back and making sure they look young enough. James Gandolfini would have to look different in the flashbacks (thinner). Sometimes movies have actors get into different states of physical health for different parts of the movie. Maybe its a reach to think that they could make the flashbacks believeable with the same actors 10+ years later., but it'd be cool.

Really hope they don't do a movie. But if they do, I wouldn't mind seeing Tony's dad's crew and Tony as a child. On the other hand, I doubt I'd be interested unless they got the same actor to play Johnny Boy. He is awesome. The reason this would never happen would be the lack of James Gandolfini as the main character. I could see him doing the flash-back scenario, but I just feel like Chase has said everything he wanted to say regarding The Soprano family. And I would rather him let sleeping dogs lie, as opposed to cashing in on the name of the show.

There will be no movie. The "good" bad guys are all dead (Chris, Pussy, TonyB, JohnnySac, BobbyB, Phil, Vito, Richie, Ralph). Last we saw Sil was in a coma, so he's likely gone. Junior's demented, Melfi's out and Livia's really dead. The kids, Meadow and AJ are adults. Flashbacks suck and a prequel would require all new actors.

IMHO, All of the above = no movie. The Sopranos ended on 06/10/07.
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

bobC wrote:There will be no movie. The "good" bad guys are all dead (Chris, Pussy, TonyB, JohnnySac, BobbyB, Phil, Vito, Richie, Ralph). Last we saw Sil was in a coma, so he's likely gone. Junior's demented, Melfi's out and Livia's really dead. The kids, Meadow and AJ are adults. Falshbacks suck and a prequel would require all new actors.

IMHO, All of the above = no movie. The Sopranos ended on 06/10/07.
gOOD POINT. But they could always add new characters

I BELIeVE THERE WILL BE NO MOVIE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW YEARS. BUT AFTER EVERYONE CONCERNED HAS DONE THEIR SO CALLED 'SOUL SEARCHING', THE MOVIE WILL BE MADE

Speculation and fantasy are fun, but realistically, if a movie or second "spin off" series were to be made, it would be a prequel. Chase even admitted to being intriqued by the idea in an interview. A mob movie set in the '60's, 70's or even 80's would be a gas to make & even HBO would probably not pass on that.
It'd have all new actors except for the guys we already saw in flashbacks playing Johnny Boy Soprano and Uncle Junior.
Would it be on HBO & what would it be called? "The DiMeo Family"?
Think of the possibilities...

Return to “The Movie Never Ends”