Re: Mention of an alternative ending existing and other good

DaViE wrote:Thanks bloodshet.

But isn't it an old story? I heard about similar stuff months ago.
I'm not really sure if this was old news. It was the 1st time I saw it laid out this way-and thanks to this website, i saw them all. the only reason i linked it was it was recently credited to a HBO source confirming it. As i mentioned, i was not sure of TV Bloogers creditbility but I was always botherd by Phils "cooler heads" comment being out of context. Besides, i look for any reason to keep coming back here.

Re: Mention of an alternative ending existing and other good

I think chase intended a Stanley Kubrick type ending to a mafia based reality. Part Meta-fiction part mafia reality. Hence all the NDE experiences. The Chase Machine took things to a level that transcended the whole notion of the mafia and got to the humanity or inhumanity if you will of of our very existance. He explored the inner universe rather that try to interpet the mafia from the predictable external model. He went into the inner phyche of it. Which showed Americans that they were not that much different than Tony Soprano. We all were living vicariously a fantasy through Tony Sopranos Charecter. Which is why IMHO that in the end the whacking made us the viewer feel whacked more than Tony Soprano the charecter getting whacked. Genius beyond comparison in my opinion. He made a predictably objective TV experience feel subjective. I mean how many of you felt like having a panic attack during the last episode? Raise your hands. (lots of hands raised) See? We were the subjects of our own desires to have violent realities handed to us as entertainment. Much like the way politicians advertise war these days. Thos is what I think is Chases point in the end. The Sopranos became a mirror of American cultural phyche in a way that the Chase Machine never anticipated. Much like Bob Dylan never realized he was suc an amazing voice or person. anyway blah blah blah blah fucking blah!!!!!!!!!
What the Fuck do I know?
You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”