Re: lets say tony did die...

the last 9 episodes showed us tony more and more falling apart from his crew, with his most loyal soldiers gone (bobby, syl, chris) what stops carlo and the crew from stepping up ?

remember he insulted carlo in front of everybody (you should start sucking cock)
remember he didn't let benny retaliate on artie even though benny's a made guy
remember how he ordered the hit on patsi's brother
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't Stop....:eek::confused: :icon_cry:

I don't know for sure that everything was settled, but it seemed like it was. But who knows - maybe Butchie changed his mind after he found out how Phil died. Or maybe one of Tony's crew paid someone to get rid of him. Maybe someone in Tony's crew is working with Butchie. Maybe it was set up by Tony's Russian friend after finding out Tony had something to do with his own friend's disappearance.

Though I don't think Tony dies at the end, I can think of many, many ways in which someone might be out to get Tony Soprano. It's really not that hard given the way he has treated people (during this season especially.)
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

I'm in the "life goes on" camp too, but playing devil's advocate for a moment, I would say that if he was hit, I would look more in the direction of it coming from inside the family than from across the river.

Hitting Phil was agreed upon at the truce sit-down. Hitting him in front of his wife wasn't a big enough no-no to warrant breaking the truce. NY has no reason to want Tony dead at this point in time, because doing it would spark a power struggle from within the family, more dead bodies, more disruption of business.

And in fact, most changes in "management" are done from within, rather than by rival families.

I'm shocked at how many people bring this up. What show have you been watching? There are COUNTLESS people out there who would love some revenge on Tony.

It could have been anyone.

My guess? The NY meeting was bullshit. Or at the very least, they went back on their word. They get word that the HEAD OF THEIR FAMILY was just shot dead in front of his family . . hmmm.

Hire some nobody, maybe even from Italy, to follow AJ around (or get in good with his girlfriend since Tony alluded to it earlier in the show), to get close to Tony.

Tony's facing his direction at the diner, so he makes a fake bathroom trip. Comes out with Tony facing the other direction, and BADA BING.

"Don't Stop-"

Is it a stretch to say Junior would have been behind the wack? Junior was behind the first two wack attempts on Tony, this would have been the third ("3" apparently had signifigance in the episode...3x is a charm).

Now I know everyone will say Junior was nuts, but was he really? Could it have been an act? Anyone recall that mobster a few years back who pretended to be nutz for years...walked up and down the street like a crazy guy...but he was convicted despite his attempt at a mental incompetency defense.

Lets look at junior's motive. He clearly had it. As Phil referenced during the penultimate episode, Tony screwed junior over for the boss position. When Tony was in the hospital with junior before he was killed, Tony mentioned "bobby", to which junior stated the "ambassador" where bobby kennedy was wacked (maybe a clue?).

I know, it is a reach, but I think it is at least a workable theory.

alx2969 wrote:I felt he did for the most part..but then i kept thinking if he did..Y? who was that who killed him? who ordered it? there has to be good reason..phil is dead and they settled everything in that sitdown so did life really go on??

In my opinion, when NY heard about the way in which their head guy was brought down, having his head crunched by a car that his grandkids were in, would have caused Tony to be whacked. That goes too far as they might say. The Phil hit was so far over the top that these thugs would return the favor to the Sopranos.

Either that, or Pauly had something to do with it. Turning down a promotion? That guilty as hell look when he walked out of the bing? we'll never know.

RogerPodacter wrote:Either that, or Pauly had something to do with it. Turning down a promotion? That guilty as hell look when he walked out of the bing? we'll never know.

I didn't take Paulie's looks to suggest guilt but rather worry. He had already told Tony he didn't want to die on him and then admitted later that he was afraid that he might be cursed like the other capos of the crew Tony was offering him. Though it is possible that Paulie was feeling guilty about something, there are no signs pointing towards that and plenty pointing towards simple worry.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

There was a 90 percent chance of tony's indictment, and his crew was already turning against him and losing their loyalty. Maybe his own guys thought that he wouldve flipped to save his family, and didnt want to risk their own boss turning in everyone.

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”