What Happens When Screen Goes Black?

Total votes: 0

Re: Your Vote - What Happens When Screen Goes Black?

I just wanna say and I'm not looking for an argument here but having read on many forum threads on here that the evidence that tony is not dead is that many people who have died and come back has reported seeing tunnels and bright white light. I think you are missing the point IMO so here's my 2 cents. If Tony did indeed die that night in Holstens when the screen went black we weren't seeing what Tony saw when he died ie near death experiences of black/white lights instead as we were looking through Tonys eyes a per the POV sequence we saw that Tonys eyes were no longer seeing anything like if we were to look at something then close our eyes we would only see black. So it wasn't an interpretation of what you see when you did more like Tonys eyes were closed when we should have seen Meadow!

BTW I watched the final episode again last night after all the insightful views on here I felt compelled to lol and I noticed two new things that no one else to my knowledge has commented on. 1) the van that drives Tony around for most of the episode has the word Steinholtz on it which isn't a great leap to turn around an make Holtzsteins or Holstens. Was this all pointing towards the end? 2) I noticed that MOG sat there in his seat drinking coffee and glaring at Tony occasionally. Then he glances towards the door where meadow is in her third parking attempt then he gets up. It just seems to me that he wanted Meadow to witness the shooting of her father so maybe it was something to do with that guy that hit on meadow that Tony knocked his teeth out. Did anyone else notice these and what is your opinion on it

I believe Tony lived and the audience got whacked. The last episode was a play on building up suspense. Each scene we were waiting for someone to get killed. Everyone was looking over their shoulder. Even Meadow parking her car became suspenseful . Each the door opened at the diner, we were waiting. The saying that when you get whacked you don't expect it and everything goes black, was true. The audience did not expect it, we got whacked, the show is over.

When Tony and the guys go to the beach house to hide out, and Tony goes up stairs to take a nap. He looks very scared and seems to sense the end is near. He's not behaving like the boss should in that scene, in my minds eye I see him in the fetal possition. So I think that's Chase letting us in on whats to come for Tony.

Also..when watching the dvd, it shows the still pic of Tony (the final scene pic of Tony before it goes to black) in the restaurant next to the juke box on the table. You can see his reflections in the shinny juke box and again in my minds eye I imagine seeing just a little bit of a gun barrel pointed and Tony's head. But it's a little hard to see exactly whats in the reflections? But that sure would clear up the questions of what happened at the end. But that would probably be to easy? Anyway...that's my take on it.

episodezero wrote:
Also..when watching the dvd, it shows the still pic of Tony (the final scene pic of Tony before it goes to black) in the restaurant next to the juke box on the table. You can see his reflections in the shinny juke box and again in my minds eye I imagine seeing just a little bit of a gun barrel pointed and Tony's head. But it's a little hard to see exactly whats in the reflections? But that sure would clear up the questions of what happened at the end. But that would probably be to easy? Anyway...that's my take on it.
That is a very interesting take of the final scene that I (and many others) never thought of. If Tony's assassin was lurking from of the men's room hallway then a reflection from the jukebox would be visible.

As it stands it cannot be determined either way. A high definition version of that episode might make for a clearer picture. Can anyone see something in the Blu-ray edition?

But I wonder if Chase did intend to have Tony killed in the ultimate scene whether he or anyone else realised the necessity of having member's only guy's reflection on the jukebox.

Irrespective watching the scene again when trying to discern a reflection (it's like looking for the second gunman in the grassy knoll) the sudden cut to black after the final screen shot of Tony still reinforces my opinion that Tony was shot by someone.

But I concede that could just be me.

I posted this elsewhere but since it fits into this thread:

Midway through the series there is a brief discussion between 2 minor characters before Tony walks into the Bing, in which one tells the other how a buddy of his was sitting, not paying any attention, and took a nail to the side of the head, from a nail gun.
The two characters then see Tony walk in and the scene commences. For what other reason could Chase have put this in, if not foreshadowing Tony's death? It fits perfectly with the end scene.
Tony was distracted by Meadow coming in. If she had parked successfully the 1st time, she would be sitting next to him and caught in the crossfire, or maybe Tony would've seen the gunman coming.

First my take on it was Tony either gets shot or nothing happened. After reading alot about it I decided to watch all seasons again (3rd time) and my vote is now clearer to me. He gets shot.

Meadow is called the Guardian angel in the first episode of s6 and calls him back from almost entering hell (i dont ever want to go back there he says just as he is almost forced to enter the house while in coma)

She is not there blocking the MOG mans shot.

It is a nodd to godfather movie and the two black men is to remind the viewer about the failed shooting just before the final one takes place.

Members only episode with Gene shooting a man with the intials TS.

The POV in Holstens after every time the bell rings.

Its all there.

Finally chase shows that antony never changed and that he duped the audience just as he did the shrink

Epic ending that made me rewatch all seasons

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”