What Happens When Screen Goes Black?

Total votes: 0

Your Vote - What Happens When Screen Goes Black?

Having heard a few members request a poll to see what people think occured when the screen went black, we are here to provide such. :icon_biggrin:

I've tried to keep the options as simple as possible and have not included more detailed answers. However, if you choose the "other" option, please tell us what you think happened instead.

Enjoy and remember - be civil to one another. :icon_mrgreen:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Re: Your Vote - What Happens When Screen Goes Black?

I went with Tony is killed (either alone or with his family), simply because I'd like to think something big happens at the end. All that building tension and constant feeling of dread had to lead somewhere, even if that somewhere they arrived to happened off-screen.

I accepted all the red herrings and anti-climaxes in the past with the assumption that the series would end with an extremely satisfying, paramount scene that would more than make up for them. I couldn't have come to appreciate the finale as much as I have in the last few days if I thought the "Members Only" guy was nothing more than another red herring.

Though my "real" vote goes to We'll find out in the movie. I can only hope ...:icon_wink: I've been walking around for the longest time saying that I'd hate the idea of a movie, but that finale made me realize I'm always going to want more.

I went with they had their dinner in peace. I get the feeling that the last scene was set to put us in Tony's mind and how he must be suspicious at all times. The cut to black wasnt an end of the story, just an end of a means to viewing it. We didnt really see a beginning to the story of The Sopranos, just as we dont get to see the end. Even though theres clues pointing towards his death, that Journey song just gives me too much damn hope that they lived. ;)

I really hope they dont make a movie though, I feel like any expansion would spoil the ending.

As much as the lead up to the "black out" suggested that Tony should have some fear, then we as the audience must assume that such fear is warranted. Now, I cannot say if any of those suspicious people in the restaurant were there to kill him, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. Neither, however, is the chance that Tony was able to finish his meal with his family unmolested, at least for this evening.

I have to say this strikes me as the most meaningful ending - that Tony Soprano will go on for the rest of his days as jumpy as he was that last time we saw him. I think this is what Chase wished us to feel and he succeeded brilliantly in not just this episode, but the previous two as well. We were witness, for a moment, to know what it must be like for Tony every second of the day. If Tony "gets" anything, he most likely gets that same feeling Carmela discussed with him - that he walks around every day not knowing that a piano is dangling just over his head. Now, I think, he knows it's there. He just doesn't know when it will drop.

And, for the sake of argument, let's assume that there were killers there. The Tony Soprano Chase built for us would have somehow escaped from that as he always has. If anything, Tony is a lucky man (and apparently even more so after Chris died, he finally admits to Paulie.)

Either way, Tony gets up from that table and moves on in life - always with the knowledge that someone is out there waiting to gun him down, that an indictment may rain down on him at any moment, that his children will not turn out like he desired and that his wife will never leave him, but will never be truly happy with him either. Oh - and his shrink won't even call him back. Sucks being Tony Soprano. :icon_cool:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Detective Hunt wrote:And, for the sake of argument, let's assume that there were killers there. The Tony Soprano Chase built for us would have somehow escaped from that as he always has. If anything, Tony is a lucky man (and apparently even more so after Chris died, he finally admits to Paulie.)
Nice points DH.

I also feel the family just sat down for dinner. However, I wanted to add something to the above statement. I think Tony would have gotten out of it alive, but Carm and/or one the kids would have taken a hit in a "Mayham." You know, to pile on to Tony's misery.
Bacala: You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.
Tony: Who did what?

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”