Re: PATSY THE RAT Plus Patrick

Bobby said that sometimes his dad wished that he had just cut hair and left off all of the mob stuff.

Tony said that he would rather be dead that cut hair.

I mentioned that one of the best jobs in prison is being a barber, cutting hair.

If you are in prison you might aspire to that job. Kind of says that you have fit into the system and can be trusted with sharp instruments, close to other people.

Remember Paulie bringing in a whole box of barber scissors? The first time he sees the cat.....In MIA

[quote="RefLib"]Paulie comes into the Bing after a truce has been worked out. He is carrying a box. He asks if anyone wants any "barber scissors".

After seeing Butchie in Flatbush we know that he operates a women's beauty and waxing shop.

So we interpret this to mean that Paulie has been in a personal meeting with Butchie. As a present, he has given Paulie a box of barber scissors to share with the crew.<end quote>

--In the episode where Paulie kills his mother's "friend" Minn Matrone, Paulie and the 3 ladies have a meal in a restaurant after attending "The Producers".
It's mentioned that a "Sal" (Salvatore) - who was either Minn's husband or son - sold barber scissors, or "precision cutlery" as a career.
Later, when Paulie robbed and murdered Minn at her home, he may also have taken a huge stash of barber scissors which he had been holding out on to, and now, being basically loyal and loving, he was now sharing with his "brothers"

SilvioMancini wrote:Bobby said that sometimes his dad wished that he had just cut hair and left off all of the mob stuff.

Tony said that he would rather be dead that cut hair.

I mentioned that one of the best jobs in prison is being a barber, cutting hair.

If you are in prison you might aspire to that job. Kind of says that you have fit into the system and can be trusted with sharp instruments, close to other people.

Remember Paulie bringing in a whole box of barber scissors? The first time he sees the cat.....In MIA
Actually, Tony's reply regarding Bobby's father wish that he had cut hair was a great line: "I'd rather he shot me than cut my hair!"

While the scene near the end which contains the cut to Patsy whispering privately to his son looks suspicious - as there's little other rationale for its inclusion - and Patsy could have flipped near the end after being shot at with Silvio, I recently noticed during a re-watch that in season 5 "The Rat Pack" it's Patsy who reveals to Tony that his source told him of the apparent FBI trail on Maserone, so he certainly hadn't flipped early on, and seemed past harboring deep resentment over his brother's death.

Why the name "Patsy" for this character? Does anyone think this could be a reference to Lee Harvey Oswald and his famous line "I'm just a patsy?"

I wrote a little thread about possible JFK/Sopranos connections.

Maybe this was a little hoodwink from Chase making us think Patsy was the rat/traitor, but there could be a bigger scheme behind it.

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”